Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Kobold

This is why your average citizen should be able to carry a gun.

If some psychopath wants to kill a mass group of people, they will get what they need to do the job anyways.

1 well aimed shot to that guy could have stopped the whole thing.

Very Tragic.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, but this tragedy happened right? It could happen anytime, anywhere... so scout's motto. This is why we need more guns on the street. There's places in the south where people just don't rob the local liquor store cuz they're packin heat and so is every bystander. And if guns kill people, then pencils make spelling mistakes.
I can't speak to these magical southern villages where evidently arms escalation has managed to eliminate robbery(because I suspect they don't exist except in little boys' fantasies), but I did grow up in Colorado.

We have a lot of guns. People walk around wearing holsters. Aurora is Denver, for all intents and purposes. It's not some quaint, rural glen; people are everywhere--and they're armed. Somehow, all these guns did nothing to dissuade this dude from his killing spree.

It's because an armed opponent doesn't deter a spree killer. It's not like they intend to escape and blend back into society after shooting up their job, school, bar, etc. A killing spree is pretty much a finale. At least if you do it in public and don't suck at it, I guess.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why your average citizen should be able to carry a gun.

If some psychopath wants to kill a mass group of people, they will get what they need to do the job anyways.

1 well aimed shot to that guy could have stopped the whole thing.

Very Tragic.
This is such a typical argument. What if guns were harder to obtain in the first place? Maybe this never would have happened to begin with. It goes both ways.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

If guns were harder to obtain there would be mass global enslavement of the entire human race on an electronic control grid plantation already. But for reals, banning things doesn't work; alcohol, drugs, immigration, hookers, guns, etc

I ask this, if you were in that movie theatre, would you rather have a gun yourself, or just sit there waiting for your turn to die? Simple choice for me.

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Last edited by Lucky; 07-20-2012 at 07:42 PM..
Old 07-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Banned

You make a good argument but I think banning hand guns and assault rifles would result in less violent crimes and murders each year.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Sarnak

Per my understanding, he had tear gas and whatnot which I believe is already banned chemical weaponry for civilians and in war (though great for law enforcement to use against occupy)... could be wrong though. If so then yea, bad guys are just going to get bad things either way.

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is such a typical argument. What if guns were harder to obtain in the first place? Maybe this never would have happened to begin with. It goes both ways.
It does not go both ways. Making something harder to obtain for common civilians does not stop criminals from obtaining the item or stop future criminals from obtaining them. It only deters normal civilians from going and obtaining them.

As mentioned above, look at drugs. If you want any drug, you can find them with in a few hours max.

Make it required that every mentally capable person carries a gun and see how many of these things pop up where 50+ people are shot. I think you'll find the golden rule practiced much more often.

Also in the south, establishments that are known to keep firearms on hand are rarely robbed where as establishments that are known to not carry are usually robbed frequently.

Risk vs Reward.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:36 AM
Sarnak

Lol all the ninny people screaming take guns, this is about A crazy man. + What a big coincidence this happened to take place 2 weeks before Obama signs a UN gun treaty, he didnt have enough senate/house behind him to pass it though, but after this shit who knows, Guns dont kill people, thats like saying ban all cars because they kill people or make them "harder to get", wake the fuck up an look at the propaganda being spewed on this, Check out drugs like Devils Breath etc, i believe there is more to this than meets the eye ... Banning guns does not result in less crime! but rather the opposite, look at statistics for example , a lot of countries around the world have banned guns, and than good lawful people turn in their firearms, you know who doesnt? the criminals, an crime rate spikes insanely because they know you dont have a gun to protect yourself. I agree with Autotune. Prayers for the familys involved but guns are not at fault. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5igq...ture=g-all-lik
Last edited by Turp; 07-21-2012 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: misquote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Kobold

Honestly... this post shouldn't be degraded into a petty argument about gun control, regardless of the side. People died and your politics don't matter. stop disrespecting the casualties with your propaganda, please.

My condolences to the families and friends who have lost someone in this pointless bullshit. My best wishes to those recovering.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly... this post shouldn't be degraded into a petty argument about gun control, regardless of the side. People died and your politics don't matter. stop disrespecting the casualties with your propaganda, please.
? if you have a brain its not degrading anything but rather enlightening the thread. Since when is it causing a loss of self respect or humiliating to talk about gun control / politics? Especially since the Mainstream media has talked about it all morning regarding this case, and hardly mentioning the victims or the family's but just the Mugshot of the guy over and over an talking about how we need Gun control, i hope you are posting this all over CNN/FOX/ABC/MSNBC etc because they are a lot worse than whats said here my friend.