Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susvain2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was level 7 on my first toon in crushbone. A wood elf ranger. I had a full set of visible banded thanks to begging. Some guy was suppose to trade me a green made broadsword for my full set of armor. I agreed on this solely because the sword looked awesome. He then "tricked" me by putting in some rusty 2hander in trade and I gave away my full set. I stood at the entrance of crushbone devastated. Shamed and embarrassed i re rolled a dwarf war and never looked back
Well you won out in the end because Rangers weren't useful til planes of power
Old 11-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Banned

I came to p99 pretty much a noob to EQ, having only watched it be played back during classic days.

I had bound Filbus at Kaladim and was trying to level in Unrest, due to the suggestion of Kekephee and my brother. I remember one time I was stoned out of my mind and got slain in the main room of 1st floor. That wasn't the bad part.

It would take me, on average, 15 mins to get back to Dagnor's Cauldron. By the time I got to Dag's, I would, a level 16 warrior, naked, no SoW, no lev, no invis, try to cross that hellscape. The problem was that I was too stoned to make sense of where I was. Time after time, I got lost traversing Dag's, only to be slain by a goblin tidal lord, or Bristlebane save me, a powerful undead skeleton.

After my fifth or sixth death I was feeling like crying. Kekephee was super mad because I couldn't get back to our group, and I had lost a level. Then I smoked another joint and it was all grooooovy
Old 11-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Banned

Stembolt gave me a FS weapon when I was leveling in Misty Thicket. I promptly sold it for the 6pp.

Ended up using a Cracked Staff until I was level 15.

Had a Blackened Iron Girdle. Sold it for a pittance and wore a Mountain Death Belt until I got the haste belt from Sky.

Innumerable deaths.

Not knowing about using halfling racial sneak to sneak-pull until high 50's. (read: lots of wiped groups when I was forced to pull)
Old 11-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Fire Giant

On live... Trading accounts with various people until i got burned and scammed by someone who used cd-keys to gank back the account they traded to me, lost both accounts because i didn't have cd-keys for either of them and that was the way sony verified original owners, never played live again after that
Old 11-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by coki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live... Trading accounts with various people until i got burned and scammed by someone who used cd-keys to gank back the account they traded to me, lost both accounts because i didn't have cd-keys for either of them and that was the way sony verified original owners, never played live again after that
I think there were a couple of options on verifying original account owner. The Original CC # used for first billing, is what they asked for, with some accounts I had compromised on live.

Speaking of...

Loaned my wife and I's accounts with high lv raid geared characters after having stopped playing for a long time to a very close RL friend so he could power level himself with their assistance. Instead he stripped every tradable item off of them and tried to claim he "gave away" the accounts later when I asked why the password was changed.

After a bit of time I remembered I was the one who set up his email... and he never changed the pw. Using his webmail, I gained access to his account and found all our stuffs.

No longer a friend.

Krey
Old 11-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreylyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think there were a couple of options on verifying original account owner. The Original CC # used for first billing, is what they asked for, with some accounts I had compromised on live.

Speaking of...

Loaned my wife and I's accounts with high lv raid geared characters after having stopped playing for a long time to a very close RL friend so he could power level himself with their assistance. Instead he stripped every tradable item off of them and tried to claim he "gave away" the accounts later when I asked why the password was changed.

After a bit of time I remembered I was the one who set up his email... and he never changed the pw. Using his webmail, I gained access to his account and found all our stuffs.

No longer a friend.

Krey
That's EverCrack for ya. Pixels > friendship.

So sad.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreylyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Speaking of...

No longer a friend.

Krey
Sounds like you violated some intellectual property laws for some pixels, grats
Old 11-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:

Speaking of...

No longer a friend.

Krey

Interesting story, funnily enough almost the same thing happened to one of my friends back in early vanilla WoW days. Some people are just awful when it comes to pixel greed lol, kind of crazy. I hope you at least found some interesting stuff to screw with in his email.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:51 PM
Fire Giant

I can't think of anything super specific, but recently I decided to try my hand at a Ranger (which was my first melee ever). I got into my 50's, being pretty heavily twinked without doing too much grouping, and when I finally did, the enchanter kept complaining about someone breaking mezzes. I eventually realized it was me, and while tabbing through names during tell hell, I was also cycling trough targets. Oops...
Old 11-23-2014, 12:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hahahahahaha I did this a few times with my Druid on live...or left groups by porting out but accidentally took the whole group with me.
Closed Thread