Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure I did fix it on patch day.

Requires a database patch applied by Rogean to be updated.
may want to nudge Roegean then, been a while since we've gotten an update [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure I did fix it on patch day.

Requires a database patch applied by Rogean to be updated.
And I totally appreciate you working up a solution that quickly, but holy shit...is Rogean that disconnected from P99 that same-day fixes are sitting in the sandbox for over two months before implementation?

I can understand wanting a volume of updates ready that justifies the time it takes to patch, but man oh man is this supremely frustrating. My alchemy customers are asking me when the fix is going in, as if I have any clue.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

How long does it take Rogean to patch the server?
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 09-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should lend some vocal support to this thread -

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=114968

Sitting on a fix that Nilbog put in the very day this happened for months is so fucking unacceptable.
You don't define what is and what is not acceptable here; you/we are guests on this server. Oh boo-hoo, you can't make 10 dose potions, everyone drop what they are doing and update the database because Spitulski can't make potions; get real, you get to play on a server that so closely resembles classic its uncanny, for free. Bumping this thread won't get the database updated any faster; bumping this thread won't get anything done any faster, it will happen when Rogean is good and ready, not a minute before. I would think that this is glaringly obvious by now. Getting others to bump the thread when you've already been directly addressed by the Project Manager on the subject is insufferable. It's funny we never see Spitulski voicing his opinion on other game mechanic fixes being implemented, but the moment one has any sort of effect on him, he won't let it go. Stop being selfish, the Staff has real lives outside of this server and they don't bow to your whim.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:44 PM
VIP / Contributor

Nthing above poster.

I am sure Nilbog wants it patched as much as everyone else does.

The patching can only be done by one person, who has a pretty tough RL schedule right now.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Banned

it's obvious that rogean doesn't want to manage server operation/maintenance/stability, why doesn't he hand that job off to someone else who is both willing and able?
Old 09-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's obvious that rogean doesn't want to manage server operation/maintenance/stability, why doesn't he hand that job off to someone else who is both willing and able?
This is more my position. I've had big personal projects before and I understand what its like to just not want to deal with them some of the time. But at the same time the server has felt completely abandoned from a coding standpoint for over a year now. Kanras swooped in 6 months ago for like a week and fixed a few things and then vanished back to whence he came. Again, I get it. Rogean and Kanras have jobs and hopefully girlfriends and want to watch NFL sundays and go for long walks.

But why can't we find another programmer? I know August has tried to do some stuff before. There are people out there who would help.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 09-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

rabble rabble
Old 09-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't define what is and what is not acceptable here; you/we are guests on this server. Oh boo-hoo, you can't make 10 dose potions, everyone drop what they are doing and update the database because Spitulski can't make potions; get real, you get to play on a server that so closely resembles classic its uncanny, for free. Bumping this thread won't get the database updated any faster; bumping this thread won't get anything done any faster, it will happen when Rogean is good and ready, not a minute before. I would think that this is glaringly obvious by now. Getting others to bump the thread when you've already been directly addressed by the Project Manager on the subject is insufferable. It's funny we never see Spitulski voicing his opinion on other game mechanic fixes being implemented, but the moment one has any sort of effect on him, he won't let it go. Stop being selfish, the Staff has real lives outside of this server and they don't bow to your whim.
You're the closest thing to a medically pure idiot that I've ever run into.

So, congratulations on being so fucking stupid that I'm actually impressed.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

We used to get updates like every month or so, but now its more like every 6 months or more. Maybe somebody beside rogean on the staff can get access to update the database?
Closed Thread