Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Banned

I loved PoP, but I really like the idea of keeping this server as completely classic as is possible and as was originally intended by the devs. I've said it in previous threads of this nature, but I like the idea of having a content locked time capsule of the original trilogy around.

I like the port ideas and stuff outlined in guinea's first post, but if I wanted to play PoP I think I would want to do it as it was intended by Sony rather than custom content. If I wanted custom content I would have played SoD, or some other random emulated server! Basically, I think what I would personally most like to see is the current server to remain unmolested and unmodified and stay as true to the original trilogy as possible, and perhaps another server opened somewhere far down the line where I can play with other expansions/content. I'm not sure I'll ever get bored of classic though, but raiding the planes again does sound appealing!!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you read the ideas most of the zonelines are not located in cities. The ones that are would require a ton of faction work for many in order for raid members to safely traverse them.

And lastly, this is mostly fan fiction at this point. If you have ideas to add however, that would be great.
6 of the planes in the OP are tied either directly to cities or zones directly off of them. Please don't misunderstand, I think this a great idea for a custom shard. For a shard recreating a live timeline I can't support this.

Now, I would much rather have this happen than the timeline to just flat out stop after Velious. Nothing would kill my interest in this server more than a dead end.

Granted, I am biased and won't try to hide the fact that I liked both classic era EQ AND Luclin onward to a certain point, but I am not going to get into the merits of that here as that the intention of your post.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

I stand corrected.
It's been so long I forgot the A or B options for some of those places.

Perhaps the city zone lines are a bit much. But that's how good ideas come about.

So alternate zonelines for the following, anyone?

Quote:
Ogguk (possibly a port from Arena?)
* Drunder, Fortress of Zek (Plane of Tactics)
In hind-site I think Kael Drakkel would be an even better choice for Tactics, since there is actually a temple to Rallos Zek there.

Quote:
Qeynos Catacombs, A'Kanon or (Innhotule)
* Plane of Disease (possible necro port?)
- Ruins of Lxanvom (Crypt of Decay)
Leaning towards the Qeynos Catacombs because it's the farthest location from a druid/wizard port. Also the catacombs are technically a dungeon. They are not the same zone as Qeynos North and South.

Quote:
Akanon or Steamfont
* Plane of Innovation
I guess Steamfont makes more sense especially with how difficult it would be for ogres and trolls to crawl around in Akanon trying to make it to the portal.

Quote:
Halas or High Keep
* Plane of Justice
Halas is actually more out of the way and more time consuming to get to then Highkeep (considering the Misty Thicket druid ring). Also High Keep doesn't give me a sense of anything even remotely resembling a religious area. The shaman guild in Halas on the other hand, or somewhere near it makes much more sense.

Quote:
Plane of Hate
or
Freeport (location of Saryn's torturous death) thanks for the lore Humwawa!

* Plane of Nightmare
- Lair of Terris Thule
I still like the idea of Hate leading to another Plane but there is something to be said about using Saryn's actual in game lore. I guess if the portal was located beneath the city, "directly beneath where she died", that would be kind of fun.

Quote:
Kaladim or Rathe Mountains
* Plane of Valor
- Halls of Honor
-*- Temple of Marr[/B]
Don't have a very strong opinion about either of these locations. Having that trio of zones sprout off of the Paladin guild hall makes sense of course but would love to hear other ideas.

Anyone? I know we have some real lore masters on the server!
Last edited by guineapig; 04-14-2011 at 04:26 PM..
Old 04-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Kobold

Sorry if this was already mentioned. It makes sense to me for POK to be connected to Erudin. I didn't see Erudin used for anything else.

Also I agree that POK shouldn't have links to all of the zones it did.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Banned

We need a Plane of Guineapig. Totally bros.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry if this was already mentioned. It makes sense to me for POK to be connected to Erudin. I didn't see Erudin used for anything else.

Also I agree that POK shouldn't have links to all of the zones it did.
I guess in theory the plane of knowledge wouldn't be too harmful if it didn't have connections to all those zones like it had on live. Just as a quest hub of sorts. However you would still end up with a zone where every class and race can roam and bank freely with absolutely no risk which would end up making it a hub anyway. In Velious factions were still very much important to the game. The decline started happening in Luclin when all these "neutral" cities became available.

I do agree that Erudin is not represented at all, but neither is Rivervale, Paineel, Cabalis, either of the elven cities, etc... The Hole might be a fun option if we wanted to have the continent of Odus represented but there really isn't much lore that would logically connect it to any particular plane.

Well, all that being said; you are right on in saying that if PoK was available, the Erudites should have something to do with gaining access to it.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess in theory the plane of knowledge wouldn't be too harmful if it didn't have connections to all those zones like it had on live. Just as a quest hub of sorts. However you would still end up with a zone where every class and race can roam and bank freely with absolutely no risk which would end up making it a hub anyway. In Velious factions were still very much important to the game. The decline started happening in Luclin when all these "neutral" cities became available.

I do agree that Erudin is not represented at all, but neither is Rivervale, Paineel, Cabalis, either of the elven cities, etc... The Hole might be a fun option if we wanted to have the continent of Odus represented but there really isn't much lore that would logically connect it to any particular plane.

Well, all that being said; you are right on in saying that if PoK was available, the Erudites should have something to do with gaining access to it.
Plane of Earth entrance behind Master Yael. l2eq
Old 04-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However the major block point is Ralos Zek (which is the final key to access the Elemental Planes) - you simply must have lots and lots of people in VT quality gear (which is BETTER than PoP 1-3, specially in near full sets) to beat RZ... Unless you can bring like 120+ people to a raid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you don't. Can get plenty of weapons from BoT like 41/31 2h for melee dps classes. Rallos zek already proc a huge AC debuff so there's not a whole lot of difference between a warrior in VT gear and a warrior in full Ornate molds tanking while in defensive.

I think I managed to get 1500 AC on warrior using only ornate + velious era gear on PEQ.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plane of Earth entrance behind Master Yael. l2eq
technically that's entrance to Plane of Underfoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
technically that's entrance to Plane of Underfoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
W/E that's bs. We all know it was originally plane of earth dog.
Closed Thread