Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Aviak

Default Multiquesting

Kunark quests can be multiquested correct?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

The short answer is no.

To implement mutli-tasking in this environment, a dev must script in multi-taskign capability. To my knowledge, this has only been done for JBoots and Epic turn ins. And don't quote me on the Epic turn ins, it might not be implemented for every possible turn in step.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Aviak

Ouch. So if we try tried it without this knowledge we just lost the items then with no hope of a petition getting them back?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...6&postcount=78

from the announcement sub-forum (where patches are listed) Multi-Quest thread

All quest implemented in the last year should have MQ implemented per the above post.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To implement mutli-tasking in this environment, a dev must script in multi-taskign capability.
OR the way quests work in the EQEmulator code has to be changed. It would be quite easy, logically, to implement a quest flag "MQable" that is set to "no" upon default. The NPC would then keep "registers" for his 4 hand-in slots, and once he receives an item completing a set for one of his quests, the player turning that item in gets rewarded. If items are turned in that do not belong to a set for which the NPC has already received items (but belong to a different quest of the same NPC), the hand-in slot registers get cleared first.

The details of this depend on the quest code of EQEmu, but I have this on my personal to-do list, to eventually develop generic MQ code and submit it to EQEmu for possible implementation. Ideally in a way that would not require any changes to the way quests are currently written, but facilitate future multiquest support.

However, it is on low priority for me since I had a look at the EQ Emu source code and found that I did not fully understand the C++/Perl script interaction - I'd have to take some more time for that and don't see me doing that at the moment. But who knows...

Cheers

Slozem
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lishrac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ouch. So if we try tried it without this knowledge we just lost the items then with no hope of a petition getting them back?
I would be very careful about what you attempt to MQ, however if you do lose items it never hurts to petition. You might have to wait several weeks for a reimbursement, or you might not get one at all, so there is certainly that risk.