Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-TiYRBSkK0

Watch that just to be sure.
Lmao...thanks bro I needed a good laugh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Peace,

<Europa> 2010 - 2015

To my fans!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-mod-ar...ene-phone-call

Hustle my haters! hustle!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDitGAUrno
Old 06-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shadowbane
Mmm, shadowbane. Good memories. I jumped into that right after I got tired of EQ in the... I guess it was like PoP era?

Imo if there were a fantasy version of eve-online, it would be the best MMO ever hands down.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhorroryes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guys i am starting to think that WOW is the best and only MMORPG that will ever have a huge consistant player base.

i personally played it 1 - 60 and loved it, i quit after however because i couldnt be bothered going through the whole re gear after each expansion that i'd been through several times with EQ.

i know you are all going to start bagging WOW, but seriously, think about it.. it has so many players, it even has online dating websites for people aimed towards WoW players.

every time a new MMORPG comes out and fails people just say 'it copied wow too much' what if it isnt insanely possible to make an MMORPG that isn't virtual reality because it just copies wow all the time because bliz literally just made the best MMORPG ever?

think about it.
It really depends what you are exactly asking or stating. Are you stating that it is the most successful MMO of all time? Well clearly it is. Some of your points you mention fully support this. With the revenue Blizzard (Now Activision) generated and is generating, no other MMO even deserves to be in the same conversation. It is not even close. Anyone who argues this point.. bah its not even worth saying.

The other side of the statement, which most people will comment on in this forum is a matter of opinion. To me EQ PoP was the golden era of MMO's. But that is just my opinion. And everyone has one of those!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Orc

EQ allows me to go afk far more to do things other than grind for pixels while I grind for pixels. It probably has allowed for afk time than any other MMO I've played, which instantly makes it better than any other MMO that I've played.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Aviak

Population wise and longevity there is no better MMO than WoW. I really don't see anybody developing a WoW "killer" like every company seems to be trying to do. WoW will eventually kill itself off, but probably not for at least another 5 years...
Old 06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Population wise and longevity there is no better MMO than WoW. I really don't see anybody developing a WoW "killer" like every company seems to be trying to do. WoW will eventually kill itself off, but probably not for at least another 5 years...
Agreed. WoW will reign as king for at least another 5 years. Before it waxes itself with its next IP or who knows maybe machine gun wielding cobra snakes.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

dont care what anyone says (in vanilla wow at least stopped at first expansion) instances were and still are great. they were well thought out required tactics and like any good video game had a nice gear reward at the end through several mini bosses and an instance boss. It wasnt just the same strat of single pull>mez add>slow>autoattack>afkheal repeat. Almost every part of a dungeon had 3-6 mobs to deal with at a time and the AI was much better so you had to think as you moved through dungeons.
And everything being soulbound meant you were always on equal playing field with people in your level range one person wasnt going to be amazingly better geared than somone else unless they had already put in the time to do quests and instances to get geared in that lvl bracket.
I like eq (obvy since i play here) but I like a dungeon crall any day over a campfest and ive only been in a dungeon crall group one time on p99 (dalnir) was fun.
Last edited by godbox; 06-19-2012 at 12:59 PM..
Old 06-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overall I think maybe yeah it was the best. EQ could have had the crown but for a few shortcomings: it didn't incorporate PvP into it's overall gameplay (just having PvP-enabled servers is not the same), and the lack of instancing meant the game became a campfest. You get home from work or school and want to play for a bit and every single dungeon in your level range is camped to hell and back. Ugh.

EQ is a serious close 2nd though, because of it's graphics and art style, 1st person gameplay and faction system (which no game so far has managed to duplicate). I think EQ has better graphics than WoW. Not only are they not cartoony, but they pull off illusion better than any other MMO I've played. Go to gfay or kithicor or feerroot and notice how they cleverly use colored fog and large tree trunks with no tops to give an illusion of density and size. Toxx has a sickly yellowish fog that makes it an unpleasant zone. Verant were masters at these illusions IMO.

EQ still had those two great faults though. If they could have incorporated PvP into the overall game (city vs city or teams vs teams or something similar, like WoW and DAOC did) and solved the camping issue it would easily be #1.

(I think EQ without PvP is silly, even when I first played it over a decade ago. If dark elves and high elves, dwarves and ogres, erudite necros and erudite paladins are mortal enemies, why are they regularly adventuring with each other in game like best friends?)
What is it with PvPers that they love it so much that they feel that they must impose it on people who have no interest in PvP whatsoever? I have no interest in getting ganked for no reason just minding my own business going from point a to point b.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

I just had an awesome dungeon krawl in kaesora last night on Al'Kabor. 4 boxed my bard cleric warrior chanter down to the library got 3 spirit tomes and a ton of vendor loot and crawled back out. My toons are all level 35-38 in black iron armor or quested noobie gear mostly so it was challenging and fun. Especially using bard snare. Ugh I need a snare whip or an anklesmasher bad.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

i dont count playing by urself on 4 chars might as well play final fantasy =/
Closed Thread