Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Default Everquest Classic 2.0!

I hope after Velious these great team of coders and database admins decide to create Everquest Classic 2.0. Maybe it would run side by side of a new progressive authenticate classic option starting back at the original with no expansions. It would be cool when they do to take ideas from the community as well as their own and have votes on each custom change/addition. Below is my Everquest 2.0 changes/additions.

Everquest 2.0

- Custom AAs to define each class further

- Different method to engaging raid bosses to prevent monopolizing

* A random relic for each raid boss will be on the loot tables of ALL mobs the same level or a higher level of the raid mob with a very low drop rate (determined by developers). Once found, it will have a timer before it poofs of 12 hrs so they can't be collected up, and with one use on a raid boss to remove his enraged state so they can't be reused. Without item, raid mob will be unbeatable due to enraged state. They will also be able to be sold within the 12hr period. This gives the non-raider a chance at some loot/coin if they would like to sell their item within the 12hr period to a raid guild.

This means, raid guilds will have to play to have a chance at raid targets to obtain items to remove enraged states. The more you play, the more relics you get, the more raid mobs you get. Would be nice to get the drop rate down to a science of one for each raid boss being found every 1-2 weeks.

- Custom events/raids

* The same type of system as relics could be used for custom events/raids. Certain relics could be found that once turned into a NPC starts an event.

One could be "The Gnome Uprising". Once the relic is turned in to a gnome NPC outside of Akanon, all gnomes inside Akanon become "red" and aggressive for a certain time period. During this time, faction is changed to where you would not get normal faction hits but maybe get a plus faction with gnomes, for assisting them against this uprising. Also during this time some important gnomes in the rebelion's loot tables change as well as their strength, all going back to normal after the event.

- Class changes/game changes

* HP/Mana regen greater out of combat
* XP increased by great amounts when in a full group, given further incentive for full groups (Also when in a full group no class/race penalities in affect)
* Increase dungeon XP even more to encourage more play in difficult places
* Tweak each class to define them even further

- Gnome Auctions

* Allow players to place their items with a gnome auctioneer in Akanon for sell or maybe like the Bazaar allow the player to sell their wares on their character while away. Maybe allow this to happen in the EC zone.

It is fun to think of things you would do. Gosh I wish I could code!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Banned

Knowing how to code is one thing.

Having the dedication to hack together wtfever they got as a source code for this box and make it what it is now is something entirely different.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

na no aa's

sounds like you would enjoy ez server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

AAs weren't inherently bad. It was not capping them so that players could get them all that really made it horrible. Some AAs fixed a lot of classes...crits for wizards, bows for rangers, fade allowed bards to pull again. Then there were the AAs that ruined it like manaburn.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
na no aa's

sounds like you would enjoy ez server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EZ server is much different than what I have in mind. For one, it goes past Velious. It also allows boxing and uses teleportation. I think custom AAs that are capped would be cool!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Sarnak

I like these ideas..

What do you code these scripts/adjustments to the application in? Python? C? are the servers a lot more script and database work or is this like opening projects and pushing revisions as changes roll out?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by knottyb0y [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you code these scripts/adjustments to the application in? Python? C? are the servers a lot more script and database work or is this like opening projects and pushing revisions as changes roll out?
The server itself is handled in C++. The Database is MySQL and the quests run through Perl. At least this is how other EQEmu servers are handled. I wouldn't imagine P99 is any different.

Quote:
- Custom AAs to define each class further
This is Database work. With maybe a tiny bit of C++ in server code to get an AA to function, depending what it is supposed to do

Quote:
- Different method to engaging raid bosses to prevent monopolizing
This would be server rules more than any form of code.

Quote:
* A random relic for each raid boss will be on the loot tables of ALL mobs the same level or a higher level of the raid mob with a very low drop rate (determined by developers). Once found, it will have a timer before it poofs of 12 hrs so they can't be collected up, and with one use on a raid boss to remove his enraged state so they can't be reused. Without item, raid mob will be unbeatable due to enraged state. They will also be able to be sold within the 12hr period. This gives the non-raider a chance at some loot/coin if they would like to sell their item within the 12hr period to a raid guild.
Database and Perl

Quote:
- Custom events/raids
Database and Perl

Quote:
* The same type of system as relics could be used for custom events/raids. Certain relics could be found that once turned into a NPC starts an event.
Database and Perl

Quote:
One could be "The Gnome Uprising". Once the relic is turned in to a gnome NPC outside of Akanon, all gnomes inside Akanon become "red" and aggressive for a certain time period. During this time, faction is changed to where you would not get normal faction hits but maybe get a plus faction with gnomes, for assisting them against this uprising. Also during this time some important gnomes in the rebelion's loot tables change as well as their strength, all going back to normal after the event.
This would be handled almost exclusively through Perl. The issue would be getting the gnomes to stop handing out faction hits. The best method to go about this would be to place the hand-in NPC INSIDE Ak'Anon proper. Or to assign a QGlobal. Placing the mob inside would be easier. Once the item is handed in it would repop the entire zone of Ak'Anon with clones of the same mobs, that would also have to be rebuilt in the database and lay "dormant" until called by the script. It would set the repop for the standard mobs at about 2 hours or so, or however long it is expected a raid would be here. Likely would need to assign a time limit to the raid event. Afterwards all custom mobs would depop and the regular npcs would resume their places.

However the easiest method of completing this, and the most necessary since you're dealing with a starting city and don't want this raid to obstruct people who may be playing their new characters and need access to Ak'Anon, is to create an instance. Now before you go crying and whining that an instance would kill EQ and it isn't Classic and blah blah (Need I remind you, this whole thread is un-Classic) instances are not just limited to one person or one group or one raid. There is such a thing as a public instance that has no limit on how many people can be inside at once. Akkadius and me used them on his server several times. It allows you to make a copy of a zone for a custom use such as this that can only be accessed with the proper quest (AKA after the handin has been made, for a limited amount of time) and won't interfere with new players starting in Ak'Anon.

Quote:
- Class changes/game changes
Almost all C++

Quote:
* HP/Mana regen greater out of combat
C++

Quote:
* XP increased by great amounts when in a full group, given further incentive for full groups (Also when in a full group no class/race penalities in affect)
C++

Quote:
* Increase dungeon XP even more to encourage more play in difficult places
C++

Quote:
* Tweak each class to define them even further
C++

Quote:
- Gnome Auctions
lol

Quote:
* Allow players to place their items with a gnome auctioneer in Akanon for sell or maybe like the Bazaar allow the player to sell their wares on their character while away. Maybe allow this to happen in the EC zone.
C++ and Perl. This would also likely require client file modifications to enable all or part of the Bazaar UI and commands in a different zone than the Bazaar itself.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Aviak

Gnomes? Who would want to trust a gnome with their loot?
Old 06-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Aviak

Definitely a situation where instancing is the practical and right thing to do. Messing with the starter zones is not a good way to help your population.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server itself is handled in C++. The Database is MySQL and the quests run through Perl. At least this is how other EQEmu servers are handled. I wouldn't imagine P99 is any different.

This is Database work. With maybe a tiny bit of C++ in server code to get an AA to function, depending what it is supposed to do

This would be server rules more than any form of code.

Database and Perl

Database and Perl

Database and Perl

This would be handled almost exclusively through Perl. The issue would be getting the gnomes to stop handing out faction hits. The best method to go about this would be to place the hand-in NPC INSIDE Ak'Anon proper. Or to assign a QGlobal. Placing the mob inside would be easier. Once the item is handed in it would repop the entire zone of Ak'Anon with clones of the same mobs, that would also have to be rebuilt in the database and lay "dormant" until called by the script. It would set the repop for the standard mobs at about 2 hours or so, or however long it is expected a raid would be here. Likely would need to assign a time limit to the raid event. Afterwards all custom mobs would depop and the regular npcs would resume their places.

However the easiest method of completing this, and the most necessary since you're dealing with a starting city and don't want this raid to obstruct people who may be playing their new characters and need access to Ak'Anon, is to create an instance. Now before you go crying and whining that an instance would kill EQ and it isn't Classic and blah blah (Need I remind you, this whole thread is un-Classic) instances are not just limited to one person or one group or one raid. There is such a thing as a public instance that has no limit on how many people can be inside at once. Akkadius and me used them on his server several times. It allows you to make a copy of a zone for a custom use such as this that can only be accessed with the proper quest (AKA after the handin has been made, for a limited amount of time) and won't interfere with new players starting in Ak'Anon.

Almost all C++

C++

C++

C++

C++

lol

C++ and Perl. This would also likely require client file modifications to enable all or part of the Bazaar UI and commands in a different zone than the Bazaar itself.
I work in IT but do not know how to program. I work with programmers, I often think about learning to program but feel I may be too old now to try!
Closed Thread