Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

Confused here - is this quest not supposed to be in game because it isn't classic and that's why only parts of it or here, OR is it supposed to be in game but it's broken?
Old 11-04-2010, 01:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Confused here - is this quest not supposed to be in game because it isn't classic and that's why only parts of it or here, OR is it supposed to be in game but it's broken?
Undefined
Old 11-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

This is *hardly* hard data since the post was in 2002, but I did a search through the internets and found the following:
State of the Druid [Archived]

Quote:
jamxl
04-08-2002, 03:03 AM
I'd like to add one thing if I could. I've played nothing but a druid since playing EQ. While I agree with the high end druid, one of the things that frustrates me to no end is the lack of viability for me to do quests. I look at rangers, paladins, clerics, warriors and such, and see tons of class-specific quests for them starting in the lower levels, all for decent items. I look at the druid and most of the druid-only quests have either had the items nerfed or wiped out of the game. As such, I rarely quest until my mid-40s. The only quests I have actually attempted to do beforehand is the Testament of Vanear quest and the Tunare initiate-warden quests. And as everyone knows, those are not druid-only. Even with the addition of Kunark, no quests were really given especially for druids other than undesirable equipment (like Charm Plant and the handy shilelagh?). I wish there were better quests for druids before the epic or Velious/Luclin armors.
He implies that the Testament and the Tunare Initiate-Warden quests were the only worthwhile Druid quests, and that "Even with the addition of Kunark, no quests were really given especially for druids other than undesirable equipment".

As I said, considering it is a 2002 post, it can't be confirmed as classic. But this guy seems to believe that it was.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:53 AM
Decaying Skeleton

bump
Old 12-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Fire Giant

I haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if it was said before. Im under the impression that the first quest was classic, where as the 2nd two were kunark.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

If the Innoruuk clicky for clinging darkness is in and works, I'm thinking this Tunare item should be too. Why favor evil over good? Which is how this is sounding to me. Considering Kunark should have already been out if you follow timelines...this quest should be live now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

so any word on this? i see rancorous ghasts were fixed and its been said that day/night works but im still unsure of this? is this for sure not even supposed to work?
Old 03-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Aviak

For sure only the first quest is supposed to work.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

what about now with kunark out? anyone check in on the mobs?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 PM
VIP / Contributor

It's not an issue of favoring anyone over another. None of them should be in yet, the ones that were already in were in for too long to take them out. This will go in when it's time.
Closed Thread