Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Sarnak

No.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Fire Giant

90% of your ideas for 'custom content' are just features added in later expansions, aka a lot of the stuff p99 was created to stay away from in the first place
Old 02-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Kobold

Again we go with this?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How about we get through Velious first?

And truthfully if AA's ever came to the server I bet half of it would quit. There's nothing wrong with the people who like them, but there's people who do not care for them at all, myself included.

One last point: The reason myself and a lot of other old vets are just now joining the server is because of the classic trio. Not Luclin content. Not PoP content. Not even custom content. There's a fuckton of emu servers out there, most have these things. If we wanted any of that we'd be on them, not here. It's different once Velious has been out for 5 years. Then it's a more relevant conversation, although one I'd still be opposed to. For now it's just a rehash of the countless other threads where I've been reading the same thing over and over. No offense meant, but as I said, Velious ain't even out yet.
Last edited by BahamutDF; 02-15-2014 at 09:05 PM..
Old 02-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Kobold

Most of the custom servers change everything about the game. Change damage tables, mitigations. Heck some have vendors with epics on them for free. Manipulated xp tables. And balancing content for your 3 boxing pleasure. People left PEQ not for the content, but from the kiddifying of the server, turning it into easy mode.

The only things the devs have 100% scorned is luclin. Mostly because its on the moon and not immersed in norrath. They never said we hate luclin because of AA's.

If you want to state the game and first 2 expansions were the best, you have to figure out why. And also why the other were not so great. Luclin was pita fail because it had absolutely no place on norrath.. literally. LDON fit norath, but the lore was missing. the planes fit because well even old world planes you had to leave norrath and port up to them.

You can stand here and say classic, but classic means something different to everyone.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:55 AM
Aviak

I'll be happy with just a classic skybox.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:03 AM
Kobold

Leave the level limit at 60, no AAs. Introduce PoP content as-is without PoK, include alternate access to PoT.

Oh the tears. I don't think we'd clear the hedge maze let alone get to elementals.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutDF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And truthfully if AA's ever came to the server I bet half of it would quit. There's nothing wrong with the people who like them, but there's people who do not care for them at all, myself included.
Ah, arguing on the internet where one person's opinion is more valid because he claims without proof that his is the majority.

Not saying I disagree with your conclusion, but how about instead saying what it is you don't like about AAs rather than simply claiming they suck and everyone agrees with me so they should not be implemented.
Closed Thread