Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Default You guys just couldn’t grow up and play nice, could you?

That scene in Breaking Bad comes to mind when Mike and Walt are talking and Mike goes, “We had a good thing going! Your damn pride got in the way and fucked everything up!”

It’s “those” players who cause the raid scene to go to shit. They gravitate to the best guild because getting pixels is so extremely important to them. Those players causing issues just happen to be in Aftermath right now because it’s the guild who gets the most loot. To be perfectly clear: it’s not the entire guild, it’s a handful of shitty people who happen to be in that guild. I enjoy playing with 99% of the people in AM, I have people I talk to regularly and BS with on the race lines.

We had a solid, competitive system with pulling dragons to the entrance. Coordinating a pull team, sniping dropped pulls, and honing the techniques was a fucking blast. The externalized support for repop day was a fucking blast. Gathering a group of people from across the world and building them into a team was the shit. We had a good fucking thing going.

You guys can’t even follow the rules you created so now we get to DuNgEoooN CrAaaaWL! Oh Boy! We had a good fucking thing going.

Pulling that zone was awesome and you went and fucked that up didn’t you?

/rant
Old 04-07-2019, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Since when is killing most of the mobs not following the rules? wtf are you talking about..
Old 04-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

I think you're confused. Blaming participants is, in my opinion, pointless.

People are just going to do what the system around them encourages them to do. Our current system encourages people to push the limits, because they get more dragons/loot that way, so they do. It's pointless to blame those individuals in that system for doing what the system (essentially) makes them do.

More to the point, you could completely replace every last person in that system with complete new people, and in a short time they'll start behaving the same way (and the staff would once again be flooded with petitions), because the system makes them behave that way

Now of course I get in arguments with defenders of the current system all the time, so I'm not saying advocates for the current system are blameless. I'm just saying that blaming the participants in the current system is pointless.

This is the key thing I don't think Rogean understands: the "competition" (in it's current, extremely narrow definition) is the problem. Any system based on that current definition is going to have people acting like assholes to each other: it's inherent in the design of the system.

The only way to get people to stop acting like assholes is to change the system (more dramatically than just rooting dragons).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you're confused. Blaming participants is, in my opinion, pointless.

People are just going to do what the system around them encourages them to do. Our current system encourages people to push the limits, because they get more dragons/loot that way, so they do. It's pointless to blame those individuals in that system for doing what the system (essentially) makes them do.

More to the point, you could completely replace every last person in that system with complete new people, and in a short time they'll start behaving the same way (and the staff would once again be flooded with petitions), because the system makes them behave that way

Now of course I get in arguments with defenders of the current system all the time, so I'm not saying advocates for the current system are blameless. I'm just saying that blaming the participants in the current system is pointless.

This is the key thing I don't think Rogean understands: the "competition" (in it's current, extremely narrow definition) is the problem. Any system based on that current definition is going to have people acting like assholes to each other: it's inherent in the design of the system.

The only way to get people to stop acting like assholes is to change the system (more dramatically than just rooting dragons).

I’m not confused, I think we’re just not in agreement. Overhauling the system would “fix” the current issues because they would just disappear. The new system would have its own set of pros and cons. R and N want the current competitive system, but want players to work out disputes between themselves. We’ve been trying to do that now, but there’s people in AM are too shortsighted to see they get more loot by maintaining a stable, long term setting in ToV. Instead they bend and break rules and are unreasonable when confronted.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

What's your character name and guild? I'm curious.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnymous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We had a solid, competitive system with pulling dragons to the entrance. Coordinating a pull team, sniping dropped pulls, and honing the techniques was a fucking blast. The externalized support for repop day was a fucking blast. Gathering a group of people from across the world and building them into a team was the shit. We had a good fucking thing going.

You guys can’t even follow the rules you created so now we get to DuNgEoooN CrAaaaWL! Oh Boy! We had a good fucking thing going.

Pulling that zone was awesome and you went and fucked that up didn’t you?

/rant
Pulling to the zoneline was fun FOR PULLERS. For everyone else it sucks ass. The only people who were happy staring at a wall are the ones who just wanted easy pixels.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

heh AM crying again just wait till the rotation post comes out pals
Old 04-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

why does loramin always write walls of text about a raid scene he doesnt participate in
Old 04-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's your character name and guild? I'm curious.
Hard pass. I think it's foolish to advertise your main's name, although your guild is out of date.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why does loramin always write walls of text about a raid scene he doesnt participate in
Counter-question: why do you keep repeating stupid shit like that when I've communicated via my many walls of text that I raid regularly on this server?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread