Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you like AA points?
Yes, I think AAs are fantastic! 169 42.25%
I think AAs are pretty good. 89 22.25%
I'm undecided. 22 5.50%
I don't really like AAs. 48 12.00%
AA POINTS ARE HITLER! 72 18.00%
Voters: 400. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Orc

Default Alternate Advancement: Good or Bad?

Now, apologies for playing another dumbass card so soon, but I was wondering about AAs.
I'm pretty sure that AAs didn't appear till Luclin or PoP, but I'm wondering what the community stance is on them.

I like to think that AA's can be very useful for helping to define a character's role (They help an SK make a more defined choice between tanking or DPS, for example).

On the flip-side, they can do a lot of damage to classes and really imbalance things (see the state of AAs on EQ live).

What do you think about AAs, and woudl you like to see some basic ones appear?

And, to any Devs that pass by; Would you ever consider adding some AAs?
If no, why not? (other than 'It's not in Classic/Kunark/Vellious' ;P)
Old 06-02-2010, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

iam confident to see aas in game as soon sleeper is on raid rotation and there is nothing else to do
Old 06-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
iam confident to see aas in game as soon sleeper is on raid rotation and there is nothing else to do

I certainly think that AAs would be a nice thing to be levelling once we're all max level and repeating content, hehe.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanblack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I certainly think that AAs would be a nice thing to be levelling once we're all max level and repeating content, hehe.
uhm, lets do aas now then ...

btw, sky?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Aviak

I always loved being able to work on my character after he reached max level. Perhaps an AA cap though so you're not "60 soandso with 572 aas, LFG" or "LFM for exp group, must have 150+ aas"
Jeebus - Erudite Cleric
Old 06-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always loved being able to work on my character after he reached max level. Perhaps an AA cap though so you're not "60 soandso with 572 aas, LFG" or "LFM for exp group, must have 150+ aas"
Certainly. I think that AAs are very valuable in this capacity, and that prhaps eventually Nilbog could begin development of some that are unique to P1999.

For example, a nice melee AA would be 'Costs X Points: Increases 2 Hand Melee Damage by Y%, Lowers 1 Hand Melee by Y%'

(AAs that really define a character would be incredibly awesome.)
Old 06-02-2010, 02:48 AM
Sarnak

The concept behind them is good, as in tailoring your character to the specific role you want to fulfill. The execution is terrible though, in that there's no drawbacks or trade offs, just "more time = more AAs = better character"
Old 06-02-2010, 02:53 AM
Fire Giant

AAs are a good concept, bad execution. If you had a LIMITED amount of AAs you could get, then it'd be fine, but allowing any class the ability to solo as well as a necro, druid mage etc... that just ruins everything. A cleric shouldn't be able to solo content easier than every other class (because of proccing hammer etc). AAs are just too overpowered and I'll be a sad panda if I see them introduced on this server in any way.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Developer

AAs are stupid. They ruin the core balance between classes and segregate players based on play time (how many AAs) rather than skill (everyone can get 50 eventually).
Old 06-02-2010, 03:12 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AAs are stupid. They ruin the core balance between classes and segregate players based on play time (how many AAs) rather than skill (everyone can get 50 eventually).
What balance? It is perfectly normal that someone who plays more than you should get more than you. If a guy at works put more hours and do more actual works he should get more....

Just as someone who raids will get better gear than the one who doesnt!

I dont understand why folks want it to be equal! it isnt!

It already isnt, some class arent the best at soloing but they got utility. Some are great at soloing but are dependant on gear, hps, mana.

My ride
Closed Thread