Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Large Rat

Default How to get groups in underpopulated zones?

Hello all, im fairly new to Everquest in general. Yesterday I rolled up my first toon in a VERY long time. Its a cleric. Always enjoyed healing.

Anyway, I want to explore alot, I really want to see alot of the world of Norrath. From what I gather though, if you stray too far from the beaten level path it can be hard to find a group. Any suggestions?

An example, Im nearly level 5, and according to some information on P1999 wiki you can have some success there at level 5. But apparently, no one bothers to level there. How can I explore new areas if no one ever wants to go? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Am I better off as a solo class? And if so, which class is best suited to exploring and xping?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

If you want to play a healer that is good at exploring and soloing, Druid is a much much better option.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

Deja vu...
Old 07-21-2017, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

You're going to need to put in some effort if you wish to group in underpopulated zones. If you're okay with that, start sending tells to others in your level range asking if they'd like to join your adventure in whatever zone you wish. It's quick and easy to search for certain classes in your level range....

/who all warrior 4 8
/who all enchanter 4 8

You'll have better luck recruiting when you talk to players within the vicinity of said zone. For instance, if you're trying to get something going in Befallen, try to recruit players in the Commonlands, Freeport, Nektulos, Misty Thicket, and Ro.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:49 AM
Large Rat

Sorry for the double post, it's an accident =( lol. I made a topic and it never showed up after several hours, so I made it again. Apparently both went through eventually, my bad =/
Old 07-21-2017, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Druids are great to travel far and fast without relying on others for ports. They can farm outdoors well, XP fast thanks to their ability to quad also. The druids downfall is indoors. I enjoyed my druid for a long time, but what I found was once you get to 50-55, you are extremely limited with your dungeon crawling. Druids are weak indoors where they cannot kite.

For exploring, I would suggest an enchanter or shaman. Here is why. You can always buy ports, get friends to port you wherever you need to go.

Enchanter and shamans both have massively overpowered slows and CC spells or heals that enable them to safely travel and dungeon crawl easily in the most daunting and unforgiving places. You can see and explore things on a shaman and enchanter that a druid could never imagine.

Necromancers are nice too for this purpose, but they don't hold a candle to shaman and enchanters when it comes to overall power and ability to dominate.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:39 AM
Large Rat

Actually, thanks to a friendly cleric named Mcoy, I ended up going to blackburrow last night. Made some new friends too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Started on the top floor, we ended around the snakepit.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Awesome - glad you got to meet some people there. I don't remember the last hour or so, so I hope you got a bind in Qeynos!

-Mcoy
Old 07-21-2017, 02:32 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome - glad you got to meet some people there. I don't remember the last hour or so, so I hope you got a bind in Qeynos!

-Mcoy
Yep, you gave me a bind bro. Man you were tanked haha.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Banned

we of the p99 forums often make room for peoples substance abuse issues in order for them to demonstrate the true goodness in their hearts.

god bless u mcoy
Closed Thread