Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Default Stat equivalncies for warriors

I'm trying to come up with a composite score for warriors that takes the main stats for each armor piece and creates a HP based equivalency to make picking gear a little easier.

Based on my research i've come up with two sets of numbers, one for pre-50 and one for post-50. Would love input on the values and maybe a little theory crafting if ya'll are up for it.

Pre-50:
1 HP = 1 pt
1 STA = 4.5 pts
1 AC = 5 pts
1 DEX = 0.5 pts
1 AGI = 0 pts

Post-50:
1 HP = 1 pt
1 STA = 6 pts
1 AC = 4 pts
1 DEX = 0.25 pts
1 AGI = 0 pts

Obviously there are other concerns to keep in mind from what I found which include:
  • STA and DEX Caps of 255
  • Worn AC caps of 163 and 289 at 50 and 60

What am I getting wrong? Why is my Iksar War going to be terrible?
Old 05-25-2017, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the idea of what you're doing, but I can't help but feel that we're missing the reasoning behind it. Did you have more specific questions you wanted to ask? If you're having aggro issues: get haste, and WESS procs at level 1.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 05-25-2017 at 03:13 PM..
Old 05-25-2017, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Just trying to figure out the equipment set to purchase for my soon to be made iksar war. since their stats, compared to other races, are slightly gimped I figure having something systematic to compare two pieces of armor would be useful or given the incremental plat what armor upgrade will get me the most bang for my buck.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Just stack HP and AC. Velium Fire Wedding Rings, Silver Chitin Wristband, Cobalt BP/greaves.

I don't know what you're price range is, but haste and aggro proccing weapons would be the most important for keeping aggro, and those can run you lots of plat. Haste-wise, just know that CoM/CoF are top-tier, RBG/RBB/SBC are mid-tier, and SCHW/FBSS/SotDB are bottom-tier, and the slot you end up using haste in is going to affect your other slots (like pairing CoF/CoM/SBC with Spider Fur Belt.)

Pairing WESS with Velium Swiftblade is also another good pairing that opens up your belt slot for the Spider Fur Belt, and you'll have a good haste item from level 13 until other hate weapons start proccing (Frostbringer is level 40).

So that's where to start, 2x 6/65, 2x SCWB, Cobalt BP/greaves if you can afford them, pick your haste item and weapons to determine what other slots you need to focus on.

I also like going through equipment section the P99 wiki to try to find droppable pieces that have high AC/HP. Just clicking on arms and sorting by both columns shows Crystal Chitin Armplates might be the best choice there with maybe Ry`Gorr or Giant Scalemail as the next best alternatives.

And if I were you, I'd add magic resist as one of the stats on your chart.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

gonna need MR for tanking casters and or pulling casters. Dex starts off unimportant compared to HP/AC until higher levels then it becomes important for keeping weapons proccing constantly. also a bit diffucult to find good war gear that offers dex.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm trying to come up with a composite score for warriors that takes the main stats for each armor piece and creates a HP based equivalency to make picking gear a little easier.

Based on my research i've come up with two sets of numbers, one for pre-50 and one for post-50. Would love input on the values and maybe a little theory crafting if ya'll are up for it.

Pre-50:
1 HP = 1 pt
1 STA = 4.5 pts
1 AC = 5 pts
1 DEX = 0.5 pts
1 AGI = 0 pts

Post-50:
1 HP = 1 pt
1 STA = 6 pts
1 AC = 4 pts
1 DEX = 0.25 pts
1 AGI = 0 pts

Obviously there are other concerns to keep in mind from what I found which include:
  • STA and DEX Caps of 255
  • Worn AC caps of 163 and 289 at 50 and 60

I did something nearly identical to this myself with very similar stat valuations. You can look at item cost as well and calculate Value / Cost of each slot.

Obviously it's up for interpretation, but I'd ramp up your DEX value. I have 2 DEX = 5 HP = 1 AC. Also STR is worth something, particularly pre-50.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for the feedback Samoht, Aaezil & Launch!

Will tweak it a bit and add MR as a category as well. I'll also up the DEX values a little in the post 50 build-up
Old 05-26-2017, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Go all into STA.