Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

Default Etiquette when 'claiming' a camp during a CC

Is it so hard to keep it real?

I understand you may want to claim a profitable camp, but please do not claim it when someone does a CC when in reality it's not true. Don't give off the impression you have rights to the camp if you still either need to clear down to the camp or fill out your group to hold the camp. If you're actually working to clear down to claim the camp, then just say it.

If you wiped, say you wiped and are recovering in OOC rather than pretend like you are still holding the camp. If you do decide to roll the dice and get caught, you have no right to get emotional and rage when someone calls your BS. Most people (or at least me) would be understanding when the truth is told, so do yourself a favor and have some faith that you don't have to lie to get ahead.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 07-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

What zone did I just get FTE in?
Old 07-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What zone did I just get FTE in?
OP sounds like a nerd that is raging about Fungi King and thinks that he deserves the camp more than someone else. That is pure speculation but I have seen his kind in the past and the rant seems to fit the camp.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:02 PM
Banned

i hope a gnome bites your toes off
Old 07-17-2017, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP sounds like a nerd that is raging about Fungi King and thinks that he deserves the camp more than someone else. That is pure speculation but I have seen his kind in the past and the rant seems to fit the camp.
Actually talking about people who call C/E who don't even have a rogue to get in.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 07-17-2017, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

I hate when I am camping forager cycle (in Trakanon's Teeth) for hours and some random group shows up, killing forager for keys.

If someone is camping for named, they'll gladly let you have the medallions. I will even pull forager to your group and help you kill it. I just want the named
Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

If a mob is up, and they're not there it's not being camped.

Must maintain kill force, and presence at the camp while clearing placeholders.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a mob is up, and they're not there it's not being camped.

Must maintain kill force, and presence at the camp while clearing placeholders.
I think it's a little more nuanced than that. Let's say you're killing the Soothsayer in Droga, and there's no one in the zone, so you go kill some mobs around the corner, or maybe you even run over to the Chief camp. The Soothsayer has a 22 min timer, so you think you have time, but you leave late and miscalculate so the Soothsayer spawns just before you get back ... and at that moment someone logs in at the Soothsayer camp. They're staring at the Soothsayer and they don't see anyone nearby: you lose the camp right?

Based on the various GM reports in this forum I don't think that's how they would rule: I think they'd say you get to keep your camp. The alternative would be to say that even in an empty zone you must stay within a few feet of a camp at all times or else risk losing it, and that seems kinda silly.

If the second player killed your Soothsayer I don't think they'd punish him (sure they could have CCed, but that's not a requirement, so it's not really their fault), but they wouldn't give your camp to him. In other words, if you make a good faith effort and take reasonable steps to keep your camp, I don't think the staff will take it from you, even if you happen to step away at the moment the mob spawns and someone else snipes it.

Or at least that's how I understand it ... any young lawyers out there care to correct me?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-17-2017 at 08:43 PM..
Old 07-17-2017, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

I've been in droga the past few nights. Loramin described exactly how it's gone down. There's a bit of discussion in ooc starting with the cc because they saw that most of the room was clear - the newcomer offered to let them (us) choose which camp since they were technically maintaining both (ss/chief) however due to not having los we originally offered to concede.

Heck, when I first showed up a wizzy was camping ss with a FD monk in the room. The monk came back after like 30 minutes (well over 1 spawn cycle) and she offered to let him have it back. It's been nothing but decent people - they are out there, and the reason I still play here.

-Mcoy
Old 07-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

Just don't ever call CC it is for noobs. Go see if it is camped instead.