Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

calling cc for multiple camps is the oldest trick in the book

shits classic as fuck

never seen a thread started about it though
Old 07-19-2017, 08:10 AM
Sarnak

If you need some plat just roll up a druid and join DaP and you can "farm" more plat per hour than you can camping Droga SS or Guk Frenzy or whatevs. Plus bonus- you'll actually be helpful to others rather than arguing over some moron rules about how long a ph can stay up before its ffa or what the legal definition of a camp is according to some gm who doesn't even play here anymore.

Those rules were put in place to provide a guideline when common sense and logic have failed- aka they should really never be necessary in a game played almost entirely by adults. Quoting the gm pnp rules is akin to telling the playground aide that those kids won't let you play with them. Don't be that kid, folks.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you need some plat just roll up a druid and join DaP and you can "farm" more plat per minute than you can camping Droga SS or Guk Frenzy or whatevs. Plus bonus- you'll actually be helpful to others rather than arguing over some moron rules about how long a ph can stay up before its ffa or what the legal definition of a camp is according to some gm who doesn't even play here anymore.

Those rules were put in place to provide a guideline when common sense and logic have failed- aka they should really never be necessary in a game played almost entirely by adults. Quoting the gm pnp rules is akin to telling the playground aide that those kids won't let you play with them. Don't be that kid, folks.
ftfy
Old 07-20-2017, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

considering the gms refuse to define what a "camp" is or isnt, just claim whatever you want in any zone. Hell thats what a/a do.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
considering the gms refuse to define what a "camp" is or isnt, just claim whatever you want in any zone. Hell thats what a/a do.
When you're soloing a camp is almost always a single named mob's spawn point.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:48 AM
Orc

Ya I think it is annoying when someone who does not have a rogue call out for CE and then ask around for a rogue to join them cause they realised they have a door they cannot open.

I agree with some users. Let just take a look if the call is really genuine or just a bluff to hold camp while either being there and starting to kill.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:00 AM
Sarnak

A lot of times people here are forced to do what they do today with Camp Check because the culture here.

For example, when a group is made and moving down to disco in Seb and somebody do a "CC". They should be answering "moving to disco", but 9 times out of 10 the reply would be just "disco". Why? Because this sever promotes competition, so what if another group or better yet a solo enchanter decide to "race" the group moving to disco and claim the camp before they could?

Back on live, camp check used to be a tool for people to use so they can save themselves the trouble of moving to a camp and finding it camped. Here camp check is a tool to stop other player/group to ever look around.

That's why I no longer use CC.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of times people here are forced to do what they do today with Camp Check because the culture here.

For example, when a group is made and moving down to disco in Seb and somebody do a "CC". They should be answering "moving to disco", but 9 times out of 10 the reply would be just "disco". Why? Because this sever promotes competition, so what if another group or better yet a solo enchanter decide to "race" the group moving to disco and claim the camp before they could?

Back on live, camp check used to be a tool for people to use so they can save themselves the trouble of moving to a camp and finding it camped. Here camp check is a tool to stop other player/group to ever look around.

That's why I no longer use CC.
Or you get an individual (anon/L60) that just claims a single spawn in the middle of a dungeon in what would traditionally be a viable group spot so they can monopolize the most valuable drops for the least amount of effort and/or cooperation. And if your group is pulling it rather than literally standing on top of the named spawn point(s), some Jr lawyer tries to come along and argue with you about it.

I spent many many hours on live in Lguk/Frenzy for example and I don't ever remember seeing anybody doing that. Here, 90% of the time those camps are taken by soloers who just leave up most of the normal (exp) mobs up and snipe/camp named.

I suppose that is just the nature of the server- on live max lvl toons had something to do (AAs, keys, flags, etc). Here the choice is farm or reroll I guess.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

I think CC's are just a respectable thing to do for other players. Because paths to camps tend to be left up and it can be quite annoying and a waste of some people's valuable playtime to clear to a camp that is taken.

CC's do get abused sometimes but I consider it etiquette to respond to them even if it's being called every 5 minutes (if they just zoned in 4 seconds ago, how are they to know that it was called 2 minutes ago?)

As far as high levels camping stuff and leaving xp mobs up, and as a high level who does this, I have no problem with xp groups killing around me for xp. The only stipulation is that you don't take the mob I am camping, and you don't do anything that would cause me to wipe that is out of my control.

Just have to play nice everyone, it makes the server a better place!
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-26-2017, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

One of the few things that irritates me in this game is when you do a CC, wait like 5 minutes, no one responds, then you move to the camp and sure enough someone is camping it. Makes no sense to me, because it only benefits the person holding the camp by keeping people out of their camp.

On the flip side of that coin, zoned into HS recently and do a CC, a cleric sitting by himself at entrance obviously waiting on someone responds "South" I was like lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just don't ever call CC it is for noobs. Go see if it is camped instead.
Some camps aren't as easy as strolling up and seeing if someone is there, who wants to waste time breaking into a camp only to find someone is already camping it.
Closed Thread