Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 06:57 PM
Large Rat

Default How to get groups in underpopulated zones?

Hello all =) New to Project 1999. Rolled a cleric yesterday, first toon Iv'e made since 2000 or so. I'm almost level 5, and wanted to check out Blackburrow because P1999 wiki said you could group up there at level 5.

I've been told its no mans land, and that ill never find a group for it. How would one go about finding a group? Is it impossible unless you stay on the beaten path? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If so, maybe I'm better off with a solo class? And if that's the case, which class is best for exploring and xping in uncommon zones.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:02 PM
Banned

You can group in the surrounding areas like Qeynos Hills/WK and form a group to go in from there.

As a cleric (fairly group dependent) you will need to be social and make friends as you quest. Find players who have similar schedules to you. Then lead exciting expeditions anywhere you want.

Leveling guilds can also help you bridge the gap, but honestly most leveling guilds are filled with people interested in the easiest/most trodden path to the 50s.

If you're like me and enjoy non-min/max adventurequest, you will absolutely find others to share in your expeditions. Just gotta make friendos.

Have fun !
Old 07-20-2017, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

What do you know, I already had picked QH/BB for tonight's drunken escapades... See you there!
Old 07-20-2017, 08:13 PM
Large Rat

I appreciate the advice =) Still grinding into level 5. Names Raldwin, anyone feel free to add me. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygamer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello all =) New to Project 1999. Rolled a cleric yesterday, first toon Iv'e made since 2000 or so. I'm almost level 5, and wanted to check out Blackburrow because P1999 wiki said you could group up there at level 5.

I've been told its no mans land, and that ill never find a group for it.
Blackburrow isnt no mans land. There are not a million people there like crushbone but you can usually find a few others. The exp is good and camps are open. Fangs are good exp. People want clerics, you can duo/trio there easily.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:23 AM
Planar Protector

I've seen folks doing powerleveling in Blackburrow as well, so you could always ask for some buffs since they taking a bunch of mobs. They may be so inspired by seeing the true noob rags you are dressed in that they may even help you through a few levels until you get better spells!

The gnoll fangs are really good exp too, very underrated. When I did my monk epic I grinded the Silent Fist Clan faction here (as opposed to making a human monk for headband / sash quests, pffft). I gathered up a bunch of stacks of gnoll fangs over the days I was there.

I don't recall exactly how many I handed in (was doing for Halas faction), but was shocked to see I had gained something like 40-50% in level 49.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:45 AM
Kobold

Make friends to play with on the regular and/or join a guild that has people around your level that are grinding too. Being new to the server, posting on the forums is a pretty good place to start looking.

My best memories of EQ all involve levelling up with friends who play their toons well. Back in Kunark on live I ended up in a trio that levelled the whole way up together, and then raided together until OoW-ish when some/all of us quit.

Welcome to the server!
Old 07-21-2017, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

Welcome !
I have vivid memories of BB....

TRAIN INCOMING !!!!!!
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Closed Thread