Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Again, not trying to compare them to other boxes. Trying to compare them to p99, which was trying to compare them to live.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Pets being significantly weaker than live is a good thing for game play. It's one of those things where they want to deviate from classic so as to not take a shit on the server.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Banned

Mage pets should be stronger because mages cannot root, have no stuns and their best nuke takes something like 7 seconds to cast. I found that when mage pets were weak, I would just simply stop playing them. Once people get fully geared, they can melee or nuke a pet down pretty fast. Until you get an epic pet, high level mages are gonna get shit on unless they are hiding in the back of a group.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage pets should be stronger because mages cannot root, have no stuns and their best nuke takes something like 7 seconds to cast. I found that when mage pets were weak, I would just simply stop playing them. Once people get fully geared, they can melee or nuke a pet down pretty fast. Until you get an epic pet, high level mages are gonna get shit on unless they are hiding in the back of a group.
Yup, but they can level solo and camp most items in the game themselves, it's all about trade-offs.

Don't feel sorry for them.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Kobold

Just FYI on pet xp Just got this from the developer today via pm.

kanras
Developer

Re: Pet xp change question concerning 2 or more pets
Pets take a flat 1% exp each in groups regardless of damage output. The 50% or more damage check is just for soloing.

If you think I am trolling/bsing I can forward the pm to anyone who is doubting me.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

PM me broski.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mages nuke for 80% of a wizards and they cast like 1 sec or so long then Ice Comet. Mages get a fire resist debuff spell wizards do not. Mage will not nuke as hard as a wizard or have shadow step. But their pet is like a dot that will not stop ticking until cced or killed. Also range on Lavabolt is pretty damn good.

Mage will likely out dps a wizard in a pvp fight the longer the fight goes on provided the pet is alive or resummoned. A wizard is useless oom a mage is not.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think I am trolling/bsing I can forward the pm to anyone who is doubting me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PM me broski.
Got PM, guess it's legit. MAG PL group ftw!
Last edited by Bazooka; 11-18-2011 at 05:24 PM..
Old 11-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Banned

i talkd to a dev on this issue today, its just an issue of going and doing the research and crunching the numbers... i think we all agree the pets are lacking in some way. I played a mage from classic, these pets are not classic, they are a tiny tiny bit underpowered. cant say why or how to fix it. Its just not classic.

edit: but that tiny tiny bit is enough to throw off the mage by alot. a mage can solo yes, but the whole point of a mage to solo is that he actually does it effectively. because of these changes a mage actually gets better exp in a grp. Thats not classic. a Mage was far more effective soloing 1-40 then he was grping. and thats no longer the case here.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]