Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Default Any of you got experience with a paladin?

Was thinking of rolling one for red98 but don't know how they fair in pvp before and after Kunark is released, any of you bros got experience to share?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was thinking of rolling one for red98 but don't know how they fair in pvp before and after Kunark is released, any of you bros got experience to share?
hybrids suck dick on live in velious
Old 09-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hybrids suck dick on live in velious
SK much?
Old 09-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SK much?
all hybrids sucked. on vztz they were good cause the devs are bad at coding so they had their int/wis scale their mana. no idea about p99
Old 09-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all hybrids sucked. on vztz they were good cause the devs are bad at coding so they had their int/wis scale their mana. no idea about p99
SKs never sucked on live PvP, ever. Tantors + HT = death to all.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Paladins are great PvE class...heals, blinds, roots, yadda yadda....plus the best weapon come Sky.

PVP wise, ive never tried it before....I'd assume they would be decent in groups, or atleast great at escaping death :/ layhands + roots / blinds

Created by Uuur//Ihealyou -- Mad props!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

i rolled a pally was only fun because it was on secret's box and i was hitting 160s and 200s. then i rolled a pally on KaB it was gay i was maxing at 90 maybe.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Orc

Depends on resists and the mana pool they will have on here. VZTZ they were OP in Old World and maybe a little in Kunark. It all depends on the resist mods on the server.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Banned

on live in velious era paladins were fucking terrible at pvp, and rangers were absolutely terrible.

sk werent good either, they just had unholy harm touch, which made them very powerful once every 72 minutes

paladins could be good during classic with roots and stuns etc etc, but i didnt play during live classic so i have no idea.. and during kunark i was still mid level so i didnt play high end during kunark era until the very end, and i dont remember hybrids being all that great.

played on rallos zek, and out of all the good pvpers i remember, none of them were hybrids.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

My paladin memories from Tallon Zek seem to be mostly those of disappointment.

It's not so much that I got killed a lot as it is I couldn't ever finish the job myself. Cheap magic resist gear was readily available, and once someone hit 100 or so MR, there was no way root would land. With no jboots or SoW, and no means to stop your target from fleeing, most of my fights ended up with my opponent zone-plugging, or hillbugging and high-taling it out of Dodge.

Use your mana exclusively for heals, and you'll fare pretty well. Expect to hold your ground and chase off attackers, but don't expect that you'll be going on any killing sprees.

Shadow Knights, on the other hand....
Closed Thread