Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Aviak

Default Epic Difficulty

I started playing during POP so when it was time for me to do my epic on my bard it was actually pretty easy phinny was the bigest pain in the ass for me as i had to go back what felt like a million times to get what i needed.. the good thing was i was able to solo him.

everything else i remember getting really lucky with and i am pretty sure i got the scales and strings on my first kills...

I got the Amygdalan Tendril randomly when i decided to go help someone else with their epic and at the time i didn't even know i needed it lol..

But anways whats the hardest and whats the esiest epic to do? I am just kind of curious becuase i started well epics were put into the game.

Formally Ragnis <Reviction> lvl 65 Bard of Morell-thule
Old 02-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Done the shaman epic on live before, that's fairly easy but fairly time consuming doing one part in City of Mist unless you get lucky with a random spawn.

From what I've read here, there's a massive amount of traffic of people trying to do one part of the cleric epic, and on that basis I think that has to be the hardest on the server at the moment?

Others, I've never done. There is also the question of how "good" the epics are, if you're just after the achievement of finishing your class epic that's cool, but in some cases I believe there's more useful items available to each class?
Old 02-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Sarnak

Rogue pretty easy.

Im playing a Monk, not near epic collection time, but I think some of its kind of hard. Lots of running around.

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
12:53 <Littlegyno> nilberg
12:53 <Littlegyno> i was
12:53 <Littlegyno> gonna have pix
Old 02-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

EASY : ROGUE
HARD : CLERIC (rotation wakaka :/ )
Old 02-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

So far no one has a Bard epic, I'd say until the undead Bard gets added in this will probably be the hardest epic.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-22-2012, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Bard, Necro, Wiz are the hardest.

Bard seems jacked up imo.

Wiz has an extremely low drop off CT

Necro has a low drop % off Inny and CT.

Cleric is just time consuming, absolutely nothing hard about it. With a rotation, it's just a matter of time before it's yours.

Rogue, Shaman are both extremely easy, but can take some time.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Aviak

thanks for the input... when i did my bards epic back in the day it seemed so easy but being 65 must have helped lol...

Formally Ragnis <Reviction> lvl 65 Bard of Morell-thule
Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Bards are difficult in the sense that the Trak Guts are apparently an amazingly rare drop, none in 7 weeks now = 0 bard epics.

Wizards have it difficult with Cazic Skin, which was rumored to be a 3% drop on live (not sure what it is here) and from what I've read very few were actually completed before the Broken Golem was added several months later.

Necros kind of get screwed since they need a rare drop from Innoruuk and Cazic.

Mage epic was much harder to complete on live, since people hadn't farmed Sky/Quillmane to the extent they have here.

Rogue epic was super easy mode before patch, after patch still super easy mode with some extra wait time.

Clerics have it hard only because fifty clerics bottleneck at Ragefire three weeks after epics go live, the rest of it is fairly simple.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

It depends on your definition of difficult.

Some are hard because you have to kill lots of gods/dragons. So maybe you're not in a guild that kills those.

Some are hard because of a huge time investment (like Monk epic - it's extremely long, but none of the mobs themselves are difficult, even our last big fight can be done with 1 twinked out group, or 2-3 groups easily).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

the end game mobs dont require the people that they once needed because everyone is experienced now and know the strategies to defeat mobs. not only that, but the average gear of high end players is alot better due to lots and lots of farming because of the unnatural timeline

id say any epic which is hard would be due to the bottlenecks or rare spawns and items.

id say with 12 - 15 well geared high level people you could take any epic item mob. it just all comes down to getting the spawn or its actual drop rate
Closed Thread