Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

Default basic outline of proper classic era resistances

1> snare/root/stun/blind and any spells with these effects as a secondary were highly resistable, at 100 mr there was a 90% chance to resist these, higher still and you eliminated them completely other than the default 2% or 5% chance to land.

2> mez was less resistable than the above, however at 100 mr you pretty much were not sticking one, this is why enchanters always began the fight with tash, and after landing one they were generally pretty effective. mana sieve was about the same as mez in terms of resistance.

3> all direct damage nukes without secondary effects such as a debuff, stun etc still hit for the majority of their damage even well past 150 resist. lets use starfire for an example, after the pvp damage nerf it does 410 on a full.

lets say i am fighting someone with 150 fr, 5 casts would have looked something like the following: 327, 352, 410, 286, 349

4> don't think you can partially resist a dot, if you can it didnt happen often enough to remember it, things like plague and ebolt resisted frequently because of the all/nothing aspect of the spells but still landed a lot as well, 115 poison resistance and ebolts would still hit me a good 60% of the time.

5> lifetaps, dispels, druid swarm line, damage shields, harm touches among others were simply not resisted in pvp.

6> on a related note ducking disrupts spells, this is important.

make the resistance system adhere to the above and you will be mostly in line with classic, folks will be generally happy and you will have a good starting point to tweak things further.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Banned

Not saying Darwoth is right but this is basically how I remember it as well.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lets say i am fighting someone with 150 fr, 5 casts would have looked something like the following: 327, 352, 410, 286, 349
Only part I really disagree on, 2-3 of those casts would probably be fully resisted against 150FR. I don't really care what they do with damage spells though.

I think 2 out of 5 spells resisting against 150FR would be a fair compromise in terms of trying to make the server like classic while also letting casters be viable.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Aviak

Pretty much spot on.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Sarnak

100 mr seems too low for about a 90% resist rate.
You would need like 130 for 90% I would think.
I could still fairly often land roots on people without enchanter or bard mr buffs. And I am thinking they would all have around 100 prettye asy to get mr. It was when I ran into chanters and bards who could boost mr 150+ did I remember having a tough time ever landing any mr stuff on them.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Banned

i had over 200 fire resistance on RZ during velious, server was covered in druids and i would run into other druids several times a day at the various rings.

scoraie always did 200+ damage to me, full on "you have resisted blahblah spell" never happened to me past the default low chance.

maybe the nukes you remember resisting all the time were ones with secondaries, for example i never used the level 49 ice nuke, not because it wasnt a good spell but because it was usually a full on resist because of the debuff attached to it so it was an all or nothing nuke.
Last edited by Darwoth; 10-16-2011 at 12:28 AM..
Old 10-16-2011, 12:36 AM
Banned

matter of fact here is a screenshot from 12 years ago bitching about this EXACTLY, ignore the stupid paint comments i was like 17 at the time.

kaaq was a begotten wizard later banned for hacking like most of the guild, anyhow he was a high priority target for our group at the time and i remember this fight like it was yesterday not only because it was the first time i was able to verify his hackage but because once i got him to the sliver you see in the shot he ate 5 scoraies and a wildfire without giving a resist message or taking a single point of damage after being wand bombed.

point is 12 years ago i apparently had 208 fr and usually took "200 - 250 damage" from a scoraie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frustration.jpg (72.3 KB, 156 views)
Old 10-16-2011, 01:03 AM
Sarnak

I agree
Old 10-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

lots of smileys in that shit talkin' =)
Old 10-16-2011, 01:11 AM
Banned

i was a lot younger/nicer then, and the overall community was that where usually even your chief rivals were just people you wanted to beat instead of stab in the face irl =P
Closed Thread