Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 11:59 PM
Skeleton

Ah kk.
Then in that case I would not mind seeing it in 4 years and then pop in 4 years? lol
Old 02-18-2014, 02:31 AM
Fire Giant

Am I the only one who does NOT want to see Luclin, but wants PoP? Luclin was terrible, IMO. Vah Shir were a silly race to add, spire auto port was dumb, and the bazaar, i wont even mention the Bazaar. Spires and Bazaar were the first huge steps AWAY from Everquest, towards a different kind of modern game. I didn't care for the massive Luclin zones, or low end content it brought either, because it killed the entire low end newbie zones.

PoK however did bring something immensely useful. A high end content that was extremely challenging, very cool, and for me, an expansion on the coolest part of the game that i loved back in 2000: Lore of the gods.

What PoP brought that I despised, was the book travel. If they could skip Luclin all together, launch PoP without the use of book travel, that would epicly ideal for me. An idea on ridding PoP of book travel all together obviously cant fly because you have to be able to get to the PoK somehow. So the idea i came up with is this: make PoK accessable through books from Norrath, but you can only go back through the book you came from. So people essentially cant use it for travel around Norrath. You can only use it to go from Norrath, to PoK, and back to where you came.. That'd be cool.

anyways, thats just my 2cents, and I know most wont agree.

Asher
Old 02-18-2014, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I the only one who does NOT want to see Luclin, but wants PoP? Luclin was terrible, IMO. Vah Shir were a silly race to add, spire auto port was dumb, and the bazaar, i wont even mention the Bazaar. Spires and Bazaar were the first huge steps AWAY from Everquest, towards a different kind of modern game. I didn't care for the massive Luclin zones, or low end content it brought either, because it killed the entire low end newbie zones.

PoK however did bring something immensely useful. A high end content that was extremely challenging, very cool, and for me, an expansion on the coolest part of the game that i loved back in 2000: Lore of the gods.

What PoP brought that I despised, was the book travel. If they could skip Luclin all together, launch PoP without the use of book travel, that would epicly ideal for me. An idea on ridding PoP of book travel all together obviously cant fly because you have to be able to get to the PoK somehow. So the idea i came up with is this: make PoK accessable through books from Norrath, but you can only go back through the book you came from. So people essentially cant use it for travel around Norrath. You can only use it to go from Norrath, to PoK, and back to where you came.. That'd be cool.

anyways, thats just my 2cents, and I know most wont agree.
Luclin had some of the best raids in the game, though you're right about the bazaar and low end stuff. I'd be happy with just Ssra and VT :P

Red99
Old 02-18-2014, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin had some of the best raids in the game, though you're right about the bazaar and low end stuff. I'd be happy with just Ssra and VT :P
The Deep, Sanctus Seru, Akheva, UP, ME, revamped CT all damn fine zones. Fungus Grove was...decent, a nice place to do easy AA XP with AOE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2014, 03:02 AM
Sarnak

It does feel kinda pointless talking about these things because if any of this is done or even partially, (counting custom content) it would go against the vision and purpose of the server and what the devs/gms/owners strive to achieve. We just need to go along with Velious and see what the server is like after a while. It gets kinda tricky with the fact they wont wipe for a restart because of all the time and effort people put into their characters. Only way this would happen I think is if everybody agreed. I'm not sure a majority rules would work in this case. I would think they would need a wipe if we were to run the timeline again because I can't see how making a second server would be worth it to split the community. I could maybe see if there were enough people for two servers and a ton of people wanted Luclin and PoP then they could have one server for up to Velious and one that goes up to Luclin and PoP or up to Velious with custom content.

Maybe this server will end up the one with custom content and they will make a second for a legit timeline with only classic content. Now that seems plausible, but still it's hard to imagine or expect all of this while they are doing this voluntarily. Especially running more than 2 servers.

I just know it's going to be exciting for me to be here for the release of an expansion. I don't think I've ever been a part of an expansion release/event with everybody like that before. Screenshots will be had and shared with my grandchildren. Ay sonny, back in my day we use to play this elf simulator. See that picture of me in front of the computer? That's what you call a "neck beard". Can you say neck beard? What's that? Oh, that's just my poop cup. We didn't mess around! Kids now-a-days could learn a thing or two about dedication! *batphone rings*
Old 02-19-2014, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextGenesis88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does feel kinda pointless talking about these things because if any of this is done or even partially, (counting custom content) it would go against the vision and purpose of the server and what the devs/gms/owners strive to achieve. We just need to go along with Velious and see what the server is like after a while. It gets kinda tricky with the fact they wont wipe for a restart because of all the time and effort people put into their characters. Only way this would happen I think is if everybody agreed. I'm not sure a majority rules would work in this case. I would think they would need a wipe if we were to run the timeline again because I can't see how making a second server would be worth it to split the community. I could maybe see if there were enough people for two servers and a ton of people wanted Luclin and PoP then they could have one server for up to Velious and one that goes up to Luclin and PoP or up to Velious with custom content.

Maybe this server will end up the one with custom content and they will make a second for a legit timeline with only classic content. Now that seems plausible, but still it's hard to imagine or expect all of this while they are doing this voluntarily. Especially running more than 2 servers.

I just know it's going to be exciting for me to be here for the release of an expansion. I don't think I've ever been a part of an expansion release/event with everybody like that before. Screenshots will be had and shared with my grandchildren. Ay sonny, back in my day we use to play this elf simulator. See that picture of me in front of the computer? That's what you call a "neck beard". Can you say neck beard? What's that? Oh, that's just my poop cup. We didn't mess around! Kids now-a-days could learn a thing or two about dedication! *batphone rings*
Buzz kill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
Old 02-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Absolute yes to Luclin once Velious is expended.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Kobold

Luclin was the end of Everquest.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

No idea how anyone can be cool with PoP but not Luclin. Everything Luclin watered down, PoP did way more.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Luclin was great. Moon cats and nexus sucked

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread