Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't a Gygax module, but if you ever really want to test your party run Dragon Mountain the way it is published.

I have run the module three times with different groups, and played it twice before that as a player. There is just about zero percent chance of any group even making it close to the dragon if you don't adapt the module to make it easier for the players. Traps, murder-holes, poisoned arrows, dead falls, small armies of over-bearing kobolds, etc...some of the trap set-ups are the best that I have ever seen anywhere.

My problem with running the module has always been that I am looking to running the deeper areas of the mountain so much that I sometimes get tempted to make the dungeon easier in the beginning than it is supposed to be. It is not so much that I want the players to win, but that I want to kill them with cooler stuff a bit deeper in...
I've never had a party not make it to the dragon, but I'm yet to have anyone be able to kill it after getting there. Protection from Missles trivializes Dragon Mountain huge =/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorjorkill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I replayed this one last year as well. Knowing the extreme brutality of tomb of horrors from WAY back when, I decided to play it safe and whiney.

We still lost everyone in the party in like the first 4 rooms / 2 hallways.

I'm beginning to wonder if the demi lich really exists...

Aeolwind, I think it would be awesome that when you are stunned/paralyzed/mezzed and a critter hits you, it does 10x crit/max damage here on p1999. Give these whiney bastages something to REALLY complain about. I mean fuck, just bring back weapon calc damage for mobs from 1 to 20 as it was in CLASSIC for some real bitching - decayed skellies with 2 handers hitting level one newbs for 18 points of damage over and over... THAT WAS CLASSIC...

Halladar, why do you care so much about these penalties, we understand they are retarded, BUT, so was a druids ability to port players and make some really rightous coin, so why not just put pok books in right now with the plane of knowledge? When I saw someone roaming around in classic with a soulfire, I was always like "wow."

When anyone saw a halfling druid at 50, we teased them relentlessly.

When we saw a level 50 troll SK in classic, it was typically the same expression of "damn man, great job sticking in there..."

But you needed an explanation, and I think Aeolwind answered it nicely with his "I plowed your mom last night while ramming mule cock into your mouth" statement.

Well, maybe thats not what he typed, but thats the proper translation.
He does. I used a wish from a deck of many things to learn about all the traps in the module and actually made it to him. But, as Demi-Lich's are know to do, he soul trapped a couple, drove a couple insane, and permanently charmed a couple of us. Me? I made a bargain to keep leading people to their dooms if he left me alone lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorjorkill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But you needed an explanation, and I think Aeolwind answered it nicely with his "I plowed your mom last night while ramming mule cock into your mouth" statement.

Well, maybe thats not what he typed, but thats the proper translation.
I didn't read it that way at all. I figured his "donkey dicks" thing was wishful thinking on his part.

As for the rest of it I figure him for a two-and-a-half, three inch man. Not much cram potential, and well my mom has her standards.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

Can we make this thread into a poll? To see if anyone gives a shit about what Halladar is saying? Please?
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 07-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Kobold

Why were pumice stones nerfed from the get go? If the classic element of the server is so important they should not have been nerfed for a long time. Why was the guise set as rare drop in order to limit the number that dropped on this server? I've been 50 for a long time and my class can also solo extremely well so I don't really care about the exp changes but things are excluded or deviate from classic in many areas. Keeping the exp penalty because its classic while changing many other things that were also classic doesn't make a lot of sense for a legitimate classic server.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihealyou [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chewbacca is a wookie. Wookies are from Kashik. But Chewbacca is from Endor! It doesn't make sense! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed forum, that is why you must change back the xp penalties.
OH NO!! Hes going for the Chewbacca defense!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The devs didn't come up with these ideas, the creators of the game did. The server is attempting to mimic what happened on live, be it bad or good. That's the goal.

Don't think of it as something that is being done to make people happy. Think of it as an art project, a scale model. The goal is to replicate the original.
Then why are we not able to outrun mobs? This was purposely changed by the devs to deviate away from the classic live servers because the devs thought running away from mobs should not be easy, even though, with the exception of a few SoW speed mobs scattered about, every mob WAS EASY to run from in EQlive until GoD. When that was announced where were the people making the lolnotclassic responses then?

Why are we so adamant of keeping the exp penalty in when we're totally okay with Paineel going into the game before PoSky?

Its something of a bitter pill to have to swallow when so many other non classic things are put in. Give me shitty mob pathing, The walls in Highkeep eating mobs if they get too close, mobs I can run away from, ect. and hybrid xp penalties won't be an issue since it will truly feel like classic, instead of "classic, except where we think we can make it better."

And even with all this said, I'm still pretty much in love with this server, these are just some concerns of mine.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrio40 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are we so adamant of keeping the exp penalty in when we're totally okay with Paineel going into the game before PoSky?

Its something of a bitter pill to have to swallow when so many other non classic things are put in.
Quick name 5 that aren't client based/related. GO!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quick name 5 intentional things that aren't client based/related. GO!
Old 07-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Aviak

I think all but number 4 has been put out as intentional and number 4 might or might not be intentional.
  1. Mobs running faster than players
  2. As I stated before, Paineel going in before PoSky
  3. I don't think mob pathing is client based, and it has been changed from classic
  4. While it wouldn't have the same effect due to the new client, the spell book not required to be open in order to med. More than likely not like this due to the all but trivial effect it would have, but still omitted none the less.
  5. Rather than the caster having to do at least 50% of the damage to the mob in order to get full exp while soloing with a pet, the caster only needs to do 1 damage in order to get full exp.
Closed Thread