Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Default Adlai Must Die (Raid Levels 13-17 -- Player Event)

On Saturday, June 2nd at 4:30 EST Adlai, a Level 25 Monk will spawn in the West Freeport Arena. Anyone levels 13-17 are welcome to come and kill him. If Adlai dies, his loot will be raffled off to all participants. The loot is as follows:

Glowing Black Stone
Hooded Black Cloak
Reed Belt
1,000 Platinum Pieces
2x Red Wood Wand (raffled as a pair)
Batskull Earring
Dwarven Work Boots
Hero Bracer
Advisor Robe

The loot will be rolled on a piece at a time /random 0 100. Anyone who has won a piece is disqualified from winning another piece. There may be additional loot, should I stumble across anything that I think new players can use between now and then.

Only levels 13-17 are allowed to participate. I want the loot to go to new players, but new players that are going to stick around and I feel that range would represent those players.

Only level appropriate buffs are allowed. If Adlai dies to a high level damage shield, he won't drop anything. This is meant to be a fun challenge for lower players.

In the event that not enough folks show up or Adlai is too tough (doubtful, because I suck at PvP and anyone will drop if you swarm them), I may just raffle off the loot anyway, or come up with a fun alternative.

I'll be on an hour early with my druid, Hauling to bind any folks that need it, or to do ports for the event. Anywho, hope to see you there!

P.S. I am also open to any suggestions to improve this event (aside from better loot, I'm house poor).
Old 05-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Kobold

What a great idea!! Good luck and I really hope you get a lot of participation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Aviak

Think this is an awesome idea. Too bad I leave on a road trip June 1st...
Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Sarnak

Sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

... NVM
Old 05-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... NVM
I don't know what this means.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know what this means.
He posted something and then decided to not make whatever comment he originally made...

nvm = nevermind
Old 05-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Indeed. My question originally was how are you going to prevent a level 25+ person from being a dick and intervening. But I figured no one would be douchey enough to do that.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Just curious but how twinked is this monk? Seems like he would be 1-groupable :p
Also I think this is a very fun idea for an event, I might show up with my warrior (I'd have to de-level her though). I promise if I attend that I won't roll on any loot since this is geared at actual newbs.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 05-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Planar Protector

The monk is fairly twinked with a fungi and rbg. He may be easy to kill though, but I've never done this before. I wanted it doable. Depending on how this goes, I'll probably do something similar again in the future, this first time is just to try it out for me. I can always make the challenge easier or harder in the future.

I agree that I don't think there will be anyone being douchey. The loot's good for low players, but not so good that I don't think anyone would go out of their way to mess with it.

My biggest concern is enough people showing up. I tried to pick a time that a lot of time zones could comfortably attend. So we'll see. I hope it's fun!
Closed Thread