Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 04:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Dual wield math

Hopefully this is the proper forum, if not I apologize but I have a question as to the math of dual wield skill if anyone knows.

Basically I am wanting to know if delay on the offhand matters. So I guess I'm asking if anyone knows if dw skill check rolls on mainhand attack or on when offhand would attack.

So 3 hypothetical situations.
Say in all cases you have a 15/25 ragebringer in the mainhand. Your offhand choices could be:
A, a 12/20 spear from dn with the best ratio of the three options but less delay than your mainhand.
B, a 14/25 sword with equal delay as the main hand but worse ratio.
C, a weapon with highest damage possible and delay irrelevant so long as it's greater than main hand delay.

I admit option c isn't good for the main hand in the scenario but think about a monk using a high damage offhand with bare fist main and whatever really low delay that entails.

I searched the p99 wiki for game mechanics and they had damage calcs listed but that was for max hit but nothing about hit frequency. If the skill checks when offhand delay expires then offhand ratio matters. If the skill checks only on main hand attack then offhand delay may or may not matter depending on if there's another check to see if offhand is essentially on cool down. If it only checks for dw on main hand swing and ignores the offhand delay entirely, then optimal dps would be achieved via primary with the best ratio and lowest delay and off hand with highest damage regardless of delay.

Sounds easy in theory but does anyone even have an idea of how to test it to know what's going on behind the scenes?
Old 03-02-2017, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Off hand attacks do not rely on main hand attacks to 'proc' it's completely separate timers.

So with that said the main consideration is purely ratio, except for a few minor things:

1. Lower speed weapons will give you less ripostes and damage shield damage.

2. Faster speed will give you more ripostes but also give you a higher chance to interrupt.

3. Stats and or procs. But these are rarely worth giving up ratio for.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Your offhand has a chance to swing (or double attack) every time its delay elapses.

Your offhand has a chance to proc every time its delay elapses.

These are two separate checks so you can proc even when you don't swing.

The off hand has no damage bonus.

Procs occur at half rate in the off hand.

I hope some of this info is useful or interesting to you.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Kobold

So what you're saying is ratio, ratio, ratio?
Old 03-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

That's the main concern for off hand once you have decent skill.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what you're saying is ratio, ratio, ratio?
It's the only consideration.
Closed Thread