Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Question about warriors

I have been contemplating rolling a warrior for this server, but I have some hesitations. I really dislike large races and want to either roll a half-elf or a woodelf. My question is will I be able to tank adequately even with the subpar stats or will I be so gimped that noone would take me as a tank? Knowing how group reliant warriors are I wouldn't be willing to roll a warrior if small races aren't viable. Thanks
Old 11-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

Shouldn't make a difference really in the long run. Sucks not having bash in classic though.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been contemplating rolling a warrior for this server, but I have some hesitations. I really dislike large races and want to either roll a half-elf or a woodelf. My question is will I be able to tank adequately even with the subpar stats or will I be so gimped that noone would take me as a tank? Knowing how group reliant warriors are I wouldn't be willing to roll a warrior if small races aren't viable. Thanks
You'll be fine. The question is whether or not the non existent AC mitigation issue is going to be addressed or not. You might be even better off as an elf with more AGI.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Banned

small race warriors are very viable , i was planning on making one myself

while ogres and trolls have a clear advantage to stam / str it fades with levels and becomes smaller

the biggest bonus is being able to wear full suits of bronze , carry backpacks and have some minor coin

the hp boost isnt as big as you might think , make a shortie war and a ogre war level each up and compare hp , youll be surprised

the stun resist is nice but for lower end eq it does nothing trust me

you dont see anything hitting hard till kael / tov on these classic boxes anyways , and it dont hit fast enough to stun lock a war out of his aggro job
Old 11-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the speedy replies. Looks like I'll be playing a warrior!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think the biggest thing people overlook with the "which race" game is size. Sure, a troll and ogre are better than say, a gnome or dwarf for most classes that have the option for both. But you know who people are targeting in group/mass PvP? The trolls and ogres, because they are so easy to follow both for melees and casters. The more people targeting you = the quicker you die. No one targets the dwarf warrior if there's an ogre warrior.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned

I dont know why people think stats dont matter in the long run.

thats the complete opposite... stats like Stra and Sta really dont mean shit in the begginning until you are high level.

And when your lvl 50 the difference in HP between you as a wood elf and an Ogre will be very substantial, not takin into account any gear your looking at a 300ish diff in HP (maybe more)

High str once the damage cap is removed (at lvl 20 or 24?) will make a difference in your max hit, your max crit, and ultimately your max crip.

either way you can succeed just dont beleive the hype that it doesnt matter cuz theres a big ass difference.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Does anyone know how much hp warriors get per point of stamina at 50?
Old 11-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkrak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know why people think stats dont matter in the long run.

thats the complete opposite... stats like Stra and Sta really dont mean shit in the begginning until you are high level.

And when your lvl 50 the difference in HP between you as a wood elf and an Ogre will be very substantial, not takin into account any gear your looking at a 300ish diff in HP (maybe more)

High str once the damage cap is removed (at lvl 20 or 24?) will make a difference in your max hit, your max crit, and ultimately your max crip.

either way you can succeed just dont beleive the hype that it doesnt matter cuz theres a big ass difference.
green your str / stam will be capped in the end easily

the difference is ogres and trolls can wear the full bronze and not be encumbered

clearly elves / shorties have an agility advantage and they arent annoyingly huge

and yes ogres get over targetd in pvp , easy to see thats the price
Old 11-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

hmmm as someone who was on p99 for a year as a 50 ogre war before kunark, and who got to 54 after kunark i thought i'd chime in my 2 cents.

In all the different guilds and raids I tanked in, unless it was just regular trash clearing in the planes, it always seemed to default to the ogre/trolls unless a small race tank was just stacked with better gear.

Also when people say "you cap out easily anyways" I have to say that is TOTAL *BS*, when I rolled my ogre war I split between str and sta evenly with no dexterity, in full indolicite armor and end game pre kunark gear I *JUST* barely cracked 255 str with full raid buffs, and had like 253 sta or something like that if I remember correctly, but like I said that was with full out stacked raid buffs as a main tank, with just regular gear I was nowhere near 255 with str/sta and thats with end game gear AND ogre str/sta race boost.

So don't be fooled by people saying stats are capped easily...

Also my other piece of advice when rolling a warrior, SLAM!!! OMFG you have no idea how amazingly useful that little button was. It saved my ass NUMEROUS TIMES! You dont always roll with groups that have great stun classes, and when you do your group isn't always on the ball with them.

Eg, mob starts casting ice comet, /slam interrupt = 700+ damage saved.

To me that alone is invaluable and something not to be taken lightly in this game ever, people just dont notice it as much as us warriors do, when they aren't the one that just interrupted a 700dmg+ nuke its easy to overlook in the spam, but when you interrupt with that, wow, you don't miss it lol.

Also another huge thing to consider on a PVP server, casters butt pwning you..... as your only reliable interrupt I wouldn't pass on that racial advantage without some thought either.

Anyways just my 2 cents.

Bashndash - < > 50 ogre war
Dashnbash - < > 50 highelf mage
Flashndash - < > 28 woodelf rogue
Closed Thread