Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

I don't think you're prepared to realize how low the population of pvp servers can go/has gone and you'd regret that statement later.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Classic would be best as long as this server is gonna be around forever. 2x wouldn't be server ruining but it's 2x faster, not classic. Pretty sure they will never consider changing it seeing how well blue99 has done.
Can someone argue the point than in Classic EQ there were 10x more servers for Blue players than Red. Blue does good as a single server, because there are more people interested in farming mobs than PvP. This is a PvP server, so the population will be much much smaller than Blue99.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Fact: Bards are the best outdoor PVP Class.
Fact: If you are getting killed as a bard outdoors you are doing something wrong.
Fact: Bard chants are landing on 120+ CR/FR resist

FAQ: Can bards deal damage slowly to players without ever being hit once, or be in range of a spell to land.

A: Yes. A bard is known to slowly dwindle it's target down without it ever being able to scratch them.

FAQ: Are bards useless indoors?

A. No. Bards, if played right can charm mobs indoors and use it against their foe! If played right, they can stack buffs on the mob so that even dispelling the creature will not break the charm!

Seriously, how can you argue these points?

A bard can chain dispell all of your buffs off, dot you, and run around completely safe. I'm not complaining but this is the way it's always been. It's no different on this beta. I was getting chizzled down to 60% and couldn't even land a spell or get into melee range and I was self buffed as a shammy. Save me the bard sob stories because if you are dying as a bard you need to step your game up.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Aviak

In this thread, we continue to debate for pages about something Nilbog already clearly stated policy on.

Also,

Fact: Dicks.

1x XP >>>>>
Old 11-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Banned

Uh no, you can kill bards really easily before they get magic resist.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Aviak

Bards: Fighting bards sucks, also gayest class there is. It's embarrassing to get killed by a sparkling blur named "tootles twonote" I'd play one but it's like floating around someone and pinching them until they die, not my idea of fun. In bard PVP there's no massive deathblow, it's just slowly sucking their will to live.

Experience: If it's hard and slow to level up then people may also be less likely to hack / break other rules that would get them banned.

Stone <Pandemonium>
Retired Druid from Tallon Zek
Old 11-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

I think the biggest oversight(s) being made here is that:

a) This game is 10+ years old. If you're here, odds are you played EQ live during the 99 era so you know what you're getting into. We all signed up to play this, so what's the mystery? Leveling sucks and is slow, but being able to kill people while you do it = win.

b) Be careful what you wish for. On a CLASSIC server, there's not a lot of gear to be had nor are there a lot of places for you to camp it. If everyone's 50 in a week, the ones with no life and like company will run everything. Look what happened to TZVZ.. Rexx and the moms basement crew had twice the gear of 90% of the server and though I had a lot of fun battling it out with the Heresy folks (most of you are complete morons, but good EQ PvP players), most people didn't enjoy getting killed, CR, followed to zone line, zone, get killed at that zone line, cr, etc.. over and over. No buffbots, no ez mode leveling will equate to a longer road to 50 and gear, thusly letting people PvP and get better over a long period of time, which I think is why most of us came to play. Just my 2cp