Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Banned

Default Wizard lure partials

So far I'm only seeing these in plane of sky

But those mobs were always weird here anyways with their casting of Velious spells etc

My thinking should be if it can potentially be hit by a lure, it should always be hit and always take full dmg
Old 12-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

Lures weren't a mini dragon/giant's bane. They could be partially resisted.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Cite precedence/evidence of this change, and I will support in the name of classic if the evidence compels me.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

I've had people tell me both ways and couldnt find anything concrete either way in my limited searching,
Old 12-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Banned

Mobs either had 255 resist (which it would hit for full) or an immunity flag to said element for our era

Makes a pretty strong argument right der
Last edited by Nirgon; 12-17-2014 at 01:06 PM..
Old 12-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

I never played a wizard but I recall partially resisted lifetaps (they were just insanely rare)
Old 12-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Fire Giant

Did some digging but all I could find was that lures were -300 resist check.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Banned

-300 resist check

resist cap of 255

255 resist players never resisted lures in pvp

Doing the math here... then again it wasn't possible to test this on a player 10 levels higher during the era..

I know Phinny would resist lure of ice every single time just like stone spider would resist every single lure of lightning

Wizard dps logs seem basically impossible to find from searching [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There's no mentions I can ever find of lures being partially resisted, and I feel like if such a thing was possible I could find 1 mention of someone complaining about it happening

In my time on live, lures were always all or nothing

Is anyone against the implementation of "if it ever has a chance to even partial a lure, it should hit every time"?

I'll let that marinate for a while, but this is exactly how I remember it working.

I've noticed the lure partials on some of the VP dragons (Druushk) and sky mobs, but that's it so far

Where my classic wiz pals @
Old 12-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Banned

I feel like this would have mentioned partials? It's a reach but the most I can find atm..

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...1&p=2#comments
Quote:
That's your problem n00bie, you're guessing. You don't know, you're not lvl 60, you haven't conned him. Shut it. We were there last night, a lvl 60 conned him, he conned red. Therefore, he is lvl 63 or higher. Yes we can touch him, with melee weapons and Lure line of spells. Stop spouting off guesses and newbie dreams. Let those with the knowledge post so that those seeking that knowledge don't have to wade through a sea of n00bie garbage posts. Nuff said...

Cannot find anything, anywhere about lures sometimes partialing
Last edited by Nirgon; 12-16-2014 at 04:10 PM..
Old 12-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Here we go, from Mar 27, 2001: http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...-the-word-TANK

Quote:
This was a good one a few days ago. Killed Ragefire for cleric epic. 5 groups there to kill Naggy2, mostly tanks with only 1 wizard (me). At 60% health, nuke was called, so I bravely stepped forward to do my part. Lure of Lightning resisted, Lure of Frost hit for full, 2nd Lure of Frost partial. Naggy2 then turns around, ignores ALL those tanks beating the crap out of it, and wanders over to smash my poor gnomish head into the ground. I was the only casuality in the fight. Woot! GO ME!!