Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

bump for teh infoz
Old 05-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

I considered this tactic on live eq a while back, had me putting all my stats on my rogue into wisdom and cha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to CPTMULLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you cannot afford twink gear, you will notice a small drop in DPS based on STR, which doesn't really make a huge difference till later anyway. As you get your regular kit over time, you will thank me.

This is NOT only doable with planar gear, I have had 188 str since level 35/40 or so with gear that I got by grouping in areas where I can kill my own shit.

For a rogue, items like Hero Bracer, Thick Banded Belt, Crested Helm, Dwarven Work Boots, etc., this goal is VERY attainable by anyone who plays a rogue seriously (i.e. not floundering sub level 20 for months). Other classes have similarly obtainable gear pre-planes that will achieve these goals as well.
below 20 you don't get strength modified hits anyhow
Old 05-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Banned

I was always under the impression that charisma was hard to max, but perhaps that might be kunark?

Either way i threw all the points i could into stam when making my necro, never regretted it and nor will i ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Something to keep in mind is that there are classes with exceptions. Shammies, particular soloing dragons for insane lewtz shammies, will never need more than 180 wis at endgame velious. Your cannibalize and torpor will couple for more than enough mana regen, and there's been countless threads discussing this (or at least that i remember reading on the old forums), stating that a point in stamina or +hp gear is more beneficial than a single point in wis.

Though with that said, you may still be better off throwing your points into wis at the start, not because you NEED 200 wis as a shaman in classic, but because you're allowed to focus on actual +hp/stam items rather than getting low AC/wis items in the expansions down the line.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine that as a rogue you spend 25 points in STR, thinking "hey, str is rogue main stat, i want more str." So, velious comes out and now you have 255 +10 str unbuffed. Badass right? Wrong. A lot of your gear is adding useless stats to your build. You can't even get the usefulness of shaman buffs anymore (which may please shamans, but is detrimental to your ability).
Great thread and I totally agree with your thinking as well of that of the other posters who suggest weighing long versus short term, but where rogues are concerned there may be a catch with this way of thinking.

The reason STR is the main stat for rogues is it is the stat that affects ATK. I may be sorely mistaken, but from what I read on a safehouse discussion years ago, "base" strength (as in the strength you have when you are standing naked) is calculated into ATK differently than STR from gear or buffs. According to the thread, a rogue with higher base STR will have higher ATK than another rogue with less naked STR in the same gear, buffed to cap, etc.

I was skeptical at the time, but the discussion seemed to have the nod of the resident experts, as I recall. I distinctly remember it though because I rolled my gnome rogue around PoP/LoY era when the popular consensus was that most classes should get anything important to 75 and then dump the rest into STA, which I did. When I read this thread some years later I happened to be knee deep in trying to eek out every bit of ATK at the time and I was kind of bummed about it considering my freaking STA was within 20-30 points of cap and I think I had only just started raiding.

Has anyone else ever heard of that? Or run into anything similar with another class? Like WIS with clerics, or STA with warriors?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Fire Giant

Oh, and in a similar vein to the OP's point...

I remember reading on The Steel Warrior at some point around Luclin/PoP era (give or take?) that dumping all points into CHA was a good idea for warriors because very little warrior raid gear had CHA on it until (I think) PoT or maybe even CoA. Apparently the CHA of the target affects weather Divine Intervention fires or not. This also gives high CHA race warriors like Wood Elves and Half Elves a leg up on the traditional Ogre main tank in some situations, basicly trading off frontal stun immunity for reliable DI, from what they were saying.

As I recall, DI is a kunark spell, so that could directly impact a lot of warriors here, no? I started raiding in Luclin content, so I have no idea, but I'm thinking of ultimately going with a warrior main, so this has been nagging at me a bit.

Anyone heard of this?
Last edited by Weekapaug; 05-03-2010 at 09:25 AM..
Old 05-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Without reading all the bullshit is cap on stats on this server 255?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maultar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With that attitude why would you care?
Old 05-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maultar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sort of...

I know that resist cap is like 400 or 500 for some reason, which needs to be addressed. You should probably read the thread though.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With that attitude why would you care?
Thanks Mom, I'll get info in game, thanks
Closed Thread