Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Aviak

We are in classic....there is no bazaar
Old 03-27-2015, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes the auto circle works.

edit,

just read your original question. true autocircle. not sure what you mean by that.

the auto circle that works is.

holding down W and D or A and hiting enter to open the chat box, then release W and D or A, press enter again to close chat.

This will put you in a very tight auto circle run. using your right mouse click you start to strafe and you just steer in the opposite direction of D or A

you are free to twist songs but not able to swap instruments (currently that is not worth it cause song check every tic for mod)
Sounds as I remember but I don't recall the strafe part.

I use arrow keys for direction in EQ so for me it would have been hold UP and LEFT then hit the ENTER key twice to chat on chat off and that locks the auto circle. Don't remember the mouse strafe part but it's been since before the regular live server nerf of aoe kiting that I've done it. What, 8-10 years ago? Might have.

And I started during DoN era and used the bandolier to swap instruments, since I could, so I don't remember that being an issue, but I guess it wouldn't have been even if everything else was identical.

You can't swap instruments between song clicks? I'm guessing the auto circle is locking it out?

Very cool....going to have to check this out soon. Thank you for the info.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharhog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We are in classic....there is no bazaar
Got ahead of myself, then. Thank you for the reminder. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2015, 12:55 AM
Aviak

We'll make it work when we get there...but for now...I'm just worried about getting Kunark and Velious out before the end of this year.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:45 AM
Fire Giant

Awesome thanks, Wharhog. Didn't know you were a dev. I just wasn't thinking. Great to hear, tho. Nothing against EC tunnel but I dug the baz also.

I'll definitely be checking your server out when I finish getting my boxes sorted out for casting. Might even cast if there aren't problems with twitch.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds as I remember but I don't recall the strafe part.

I use arrow keys for direction in EQ so for me it would have been hold UP and LEFT then hit the ENTER key twice to chat on chat off and that locks the auto circle. Don't remember the mouse strafe part but it's been since before the regular live server nerf of aoe kiting that I've done it. What, 8-10 years ago? Might have.

And I started during DoN era and used the bandolier to swap instruments, since I could, so I don't remember that being an issue, but I guess it wouldn't have been even if everything else was identical.

You can't swap instruments between song clicks? I'm guessing the auto circle is locking it out?

Very cool....going to have to check this out soon. Thank you for the info.
after you do the up and left arrows and lock the circle, its too tight mobs will tear you up, the strafing part allows you to run just outside of mob hit box (not all mobs like giants, who have larger hit box)

also this is done without selo and sow.

its hard to swap cause you are using the mouse to steer. you could stop the auto circle and swap instruments then start again and hit the swarm with next ae, and repeat before the first wears off.

but currently songs check for mod every tic, so swapping would not yield the best dps.

if you get into game id be happy to show you.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

Awesome, Tollen. I know I always kept selos up and tried to keep a sow pot handy when I did it so your method is definitely different.

Thank you very much. I may very well take you up on that soon.
Last edited by Weekapaug; 03-28-2015 at 11:28 PM..
Old 04-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Banned

In accordance with our Legacy Item Poll, a ghoul assassin will now drop the 'Guise of the Deceiver' for a limited amount of time. Don't miss your opportunity to get your own!

http://www.p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=314
Last edited by apio; 04-05-2015 at 07:50 AM..
Old 04-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

Will the client I was using for TAKP still work for this?
Old 04-09-2015, 09:18 AM
Banned

Yes, you just need to change the server address in the eqhost.txt
Closed Thread