Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 03:02 AM
Sarnak

No matter how you spin it, the takp server went from having a 200 pop to a 50 max pop. You can't use the "it will get better with planes" excuse anymore. You can CLEARLY see the drop in pop happened when bans started flying left and right, and all these crazy rules went into place. My god could you fucking imagine if these same GM's had to handle p99? Bullets flew with 200 pop, that place would explode at the seams with 1400 pop.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:41 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewraith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No matter how you spin it, the takp server went from having a 200 pop to a 50 max pop. You can't use the "it will get better with planes" excuse anymore. You can CLEARLY see the drop in pop happened when bans started flying left and right, and all these crazy rules went into place. My god could you fucking imagine if these same GM's had to handle p99? Bullets flew with 200 pop, that place would explode at the seams with 1400 pop.
I don't think any single one of us cares about the server population or what it might end up at. This is a preservation project, not a pissing content.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 03-29-2015, 07:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewraith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to lie; you're not entirely wrong. However your numbers are exaggerated. There are three dragon killing capable guilds active right now. (or near it anyway)

The community basically split into the hardcores and the carebears on two servers. (with some exceptions) TAKP voted rotations and has a low tolerance for rudeness. Speedz and Rob want to try and recreate the EQMac atmosphere and it's their server to do so. I prefer something closer to p99-like rules, myself.

Secrets is right in that I/we never signed up for this to make a single server. My original goal was to merely document and parse the game before the opportunity was lost forever-- for the benefit of all emus. I wasn't even a dev until long after I started data collecting. They asked me to help so I did.

We want the project to get to the point where anybody can download it, use a simple installer, and have a working high-quality classic server running in minutes. The only thing that matters is that classic EQ lives on. When EQ1 shuts down for good one day, the emus are all that's left. Daybreak won't open source it and there are no EQ clones unlike the millions of WoW clones.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:33 AM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-29-2015, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think any single one of us cares about the server population or what it might end up at. This is a preservation project, not a pissing content.
Hey I'm sorry if I offended you with my last post, it was very hostile I will admit. Like I said the server has chilled waaaaay out since the initial mortal kombat scene, but the way that things were handled was very extreme.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Oh well, TAKP has certainly moved on since A & H left to make their server. If population numbers are an issue for you, then don't play there. Honestly the "Numbers" aren't really an issue for the large majority of the server. It just seems like a talking point for those that would, to take a jab at the server and growing community, so if it sways you one way or the other, oh well. There were just under 100 in alliance when i logged on yesterday. There's plenty to do, and plenty of people to interact with, at various times. And lots of room for growth. The content is somewhat limited atm anyways. This server will grow and grow and be around for years to come. - If you are looking for a change you might like the perspective you get which is so different from many other servers. TAKP isn't going to be everyones cup of Tea, just like p99 isn't everyone's cup of tea. And AK/EQMAC wasn't everyone's cup of tea! But it's a good server with friendly people, and allot of people putting time and work in to it. it's more or less drama free at this point, and there are allot of people working hard on all levels to make it an awesome throwback to EQMac aka Al'Kabor. I would encourage anyone to pop over to takproject.net and check it out. If you have any questions specific to TAKP feel free to PM me and i'll do my best to answer them, or you can send me a tell in game.
Oiwon
Last edited by nagmarr; 04-02-2015 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: punctuation
Old 04-23-2015, 10:37 PM
VIP / Contributor

Server's still doing pretty well, stable population and a bunch of small guilds.

Had the help of some awesome people lately (Robregen, Haynar, etc) to get a lot of the issues that were plaguing the server fixed.

Just checking in with these screenshots:

Last edited by Secrets; 04-23-2015 at 10:41 PM..
Old 04-24-2015, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

is the vendor bug still happening with that classic UI? i wanted to play with just the classic velious UI but trying to buy things caused my client to desync me and eat up my platinum but now drop the item in my inventory. switching to newui=true in my eqclient.ini fixed it...
Old 04-24-2015, 01:31 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is the vendor bug still happening with that classic UI? i wanted to play with just the classic velious UI but trying to buy things caused my client to desync me and eat up my platinum but now drop the item in my inventory. switching to newui=true in my eqclient.ini fixed it...
I'll double check and get it fixed if it's still happening.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

not* drop the item in my inventory, not "now"