Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Orc

Default Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor - Release Date 3/20/15

Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor - Release Date 3/20/15

Greetings Traveler,

After much anticipation we are very pleased to announce the launch of Project 2002 - The Age of Al’Kabor. Here at Project 2002 we strive to emulate the best part of Everquest, the Planes of Power. We have a motivated staff with the intention of releasing content in a timely manner to avoid stagnation of the server at all costs.

Project 2002 is about playing in fairness, having fun, and enjoying the quest for pixels. Upon server release, Classic zones will be open. This includes Plane of Hate, Plane of Sky, and Plane of Fear. Since we will emulate Planes of Power to the best of our ability, Plane of Knowledge will be open. Along with PoK, players are allowed the creation of Iksar and Vah Shir. The Beastlord will be a playable class upon release. Cabilis (East and West), Shar Vahl, Field of Bone, and Shadeweavers will be open for those who want to create the Iksar or Vah Shir race.

We understand the need and want for a brand new server that starts from scratch. Project 2002 provides a quality emulated Everquest experience set during the Planes of Power era, based on the open source codebase started by EQMac EMU.

Project 2002 will release content expansions as it is developed and tested and will strive to keep the content accurate per era.

We promote a healthy raid environment with a hands off GM approach. Much like live servers, we will have a Free For All ruleset when it comes to raiding. It will be up to players to mediate or create their own resolutions to disputes. Guides will be available to support players but we strive to have as little CSR intervention as possible. Competition is encouraged, we want to foster a healthy and positive gaming experience for players at all levels. We intend to gauge all GM released content to involve everyone, not just the end game raiding community. We want this to be an equal opportunity server for all players. We expect everyone to act in a civil manner while spending time on Project 2002. Live play nice policy rules will be enforced.

The quest for legacy items is something we take seriously. Watch the p2002 forums for more information on how to find these items in game.

Join Project 2002
Project 2002 Index page

Once your have a forum account you can create a Game Account
Main Page

Future Expansions in development:
Ruins of Kunark
Scars of Velious
Shadows of Luclin
Planes of Power

- Project 2002 - The Age of Al’Kabor Team

The Project 2002 team would like to thank the Takp project team for all their hard work creating a stable server environment. The foundation of code they created allowed for us to focus on the refinement and expansion of content that would not have been possible without their diligent work.
Last edited by Furst; 02-28-2015 at 02:52 PM..
Old 02-27-2015, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

boxing ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XvTXppx.jpg (22.8 KB, 34 views)

red cape, check.

logging in
Old 02-27-2015, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

I've been waiting for my account to be activated on TAKP for a number of days now so if I can start here first I'll plant roots here instead.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 02-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

I havn't played takp for more than a few days total...out of the loop. But if they drama spill over here is any indication. 2002 may be a better choice.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Kobold

Default New server

Excited to see what this server brings.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Cool! I'll be rerolling here and trying it out!

Looks like a good fresh alternative! Nice to see releasing content is a priority!

See you guys in Norrath!
Old 02-27-2015, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by triad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
boxing ....
Yep, that's a lot of this community out I think :/

Here's the FAQs for anyone who doesn't want to click the site:-

Quote:
Is this server going to be just like AK or TAK?
Short answer, Yes and No. Long answer, while expansion releases will be based on a Progression server format, we will fix a number of issues that existed on AK. We plan to have less bugs overall and more completeness to quests for all expansions. We support both PC clients and Mac clients.

What clients can play on this server?
The OSX client from the official Al`Kabor will work from launch. Windows clients are only supported with eqmule's current patch. No standard/unmodified PC clients will be supported at this time.

Where can I get the client to play?
Hopefully you still have the Intel OSX client or a working PC client from before Al`Kabor was shut down. Beyond that we will not allow discussions on this forum or game server in regards to how to get it. Otherwise, see above.

Is this an Emulator server?
Yes

What is the boxing limit on this server?
3 accounts can be logged on by a single person.

When/How can we play?
XXXXXXXXX

Is it allowed to make multiple forum accounts to have more game accounts?
No, we are only allowing one forum account per person, which entitles you to 3 game accounts. Guilds will be able to apply for a Guild Bank account, which must only include level 1 banker / bazaar bots.

What is available to play?
On release it will be original classic content, Cabilis (E and W), Shar Vahl, FoB, Shadeweavers, PoKnowledge. Plane of Fear and Plane of Air are going to be available at launch, Plane of Hate is currently being worked on and once it is ready to launch Hate will be open as well.

How will you be adding expansions?
We will release each expansion as they are completed as a whole expansion not parts here and there.

If I find a bug what do I do?
It depends on the bug. If it can be exploited, PM a team member on the forums and do not post it openly. If it is not that kind of bug by all means post in the right category on the forums. If in doubt, use PM only.

Do you get paid for this or make any money?
No, and never will. Donations go only to server hosting fees and hardware upgrades.

Can I box a friend or guildmates account/toons?
As long as you don't go past the 3 accounts online per person that is is not an issue. Yes you can.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:31 PM
Orc

From what I am hearing they loosened up on the number accounts you are able to have the FAQ wasnt updated. I will check and let you guys know
Old 02-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furst [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I am hearing they loosened up on the number accounts you are able to have the FAQ wasnt updated. I will check and let you guys know
3 wasnt enough? people want more? im out
Old 02-27-2015, 09:19 PM
Sarnak

Lost me at boxing..