[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 03-28-2015, 04:27 AM
Fire Giant

awesome

those names suck though
Last edited by Rec; 03-28-2015 at 04:35 AM..
Old 03-28-2015, 08:49 AM
Fire Giant

I'm STILL not seeing the discussion I need to hear before I feel comfortable about investing time in this. There hasn't been any recognition that progression on previous servers has been fucked beyond belief. I NEED to hear that they're committed to making this as legit as possible. Yet all the discussion is about unlock rates, names, and other trivial shit. I smell something fucky.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 03-28-2015, 10:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm STILL not seeing the discussion I need to hear before I feel comfortable about investing time in this. There hasn't been any recognition that progression on previous servers has been fucked beyond belief. I NEED to hear that they're committed to making this as legit as possible. Yet all the discussion is about unlock rates, names, and other trivial shit. I smell something fucky.
I just don't see that happening with their resources. They'll probably make a few simple tweaks here and there, but with their new no CS policy expect hacking to run rampant and many past problems to remain.

Still, I'll probably play here. Likely the last official progression server ever.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

I played on Sleeper for a month or so until Kunark was released.

I remember lots of not-classic problems including some neck items from the revamp freeport and zones like Jagged Pine Forest. Were these problems on later progression servers as well or have they gotten better?
Old 03-28-2015, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like the original dev team is there in any sense anymore... lol'd
Old 03-28-2015, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

What thread is that from anyway?

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 03-28-2015, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like the original dev team is there in any sense anymore... lol'd
swish I need a GIF asap that zooms into that picture where it says they have stolen the IP and should feel bad... then it goes to the infamous booker t/hulk hogan exchange here https://youtu.be/t8NX-HxX-A0 but it says Rogean, we coming for you sucka

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 03-28-2015, 11:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's all it ever is.

The first progression servers that I played on live had the revamp lavastrom and freeport sewers loot dropping during classic rendering whole swaths of classic gear moot. During the last ones, if I recall correctly because I didn't play, they had the out of combat regen system in place for the whole game.

You are correct to question this stuff because, unless you see something specifically to the contrary, you can assume that "progression" is purely about content unlocks in name only...It's just that content from the current game, pretty much, with exceptions.

They don't go in and restore the game to actually BE like it was in each era, if that's what you are looking for, basically.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's all it ever is.

The first progression servers that I played on live had the revamp lavastrom and freeport sewers loot dropping during classic rendering whole swaths of classic gear moot. During the last ones, if I recall correctly because I didn't play, they had the out of combat regen system in place for the whole game.

You are correct to question this stuff because, unless you see something specifically to the contrary, you can assume that "progression" is purely about content unlocks in name only...It's just that content from the current game, pretty much, with exceptions.

They don't go in and restore the game to actually BE like it was in each era, if that's what you are looking for, basically.
If this is true (and I'm not saying it isn't), why do people play on these servers? Why would anyone want to play a server that has all modern EQ content, where basically all that is added is the areas from each expansion as they are released. Wouldn't just playing on a normal server with all expansions be better, in that case?
Closed Thread