Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

I tried my 60 inch samsung led in livingroom as a monitor, it sucks for eq. Only really worth it for netflix and movie watching.
For easter I got my daughter a 42 inch sanyo and took her 32 inch(forget brand) and now use it as a monitor for my labtop and I will say Im very happy.
Ps4/netflix/tv watching is nice on the 50+ inch tvs, but for some reason I didnt like eq on it.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

I think i'm leaning towards a monitor with a high refresh rate that i can also turn sideways and watch football on from my couch. I'd want integrated speakers because why not. Do most monitors (kergan you had been talking about a 27" which is I think the ideal size) also have a cable-in port?

so, it'd be HDMI from docking station to monitor, and then cable connection that i could switch back and forth from

I do want it to be big but I'm in full understanding that i'll have to be way far away from large TVs to have them be useful in any way.

So, the last question would be, would a 27 incher be big enough to have on one end of the wall so that I can sit on my couch and eat cheetos while watching it, say some great sexy anime with subtitles? Are there larger gaming monitors and if so, do they start going up drastically in price once you go past 27?
Old 08-20-2014, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly man, I would just get whatever is on special.

Samsung, LG, and Dell make the best monitors in my opinion.

Just get one that is a named brand and is the size you want + on sale.

Especially if you are playing everquest, not like you are going to miss out on pixels.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think i'm leaning towards a monitor with a high refresh rate that i can also turn sideways and watch football on from my couch. I'd want integrated speakers because why not. Do most monitors (kergan you had been talking about a 27" which is I think the ideal size) also have a cable-in port?

so, it'd be HDMI from docking station to monitor, and then cable connection that i could switch back and forth from

I do want it to be big but I'm in full understanding that i'll have to be way far away from large TVs to have them be useful in any way.

So, the last question would be, would a 27 incher be big enough to have on one end of the wall so that I can sit on my couch and eat cheetos while watching it, say some great sexy anime with subtitles? Are there larger gaming monitors and if so, do they start going up drastically in price once you go past 27?
Monitors never have a cable-in port. That implies a tuner, which is what turns a monitor into a television!

Lots of easy ways around that though, easiest being HDMI direct from a cable box. A little more complex would be an external USB based tuner for your PC that you could probably get in the $50-100 range.

Monitors pretty much stop at 27", after that they are almost all TVs. As for the distance, depends on how far it is from your couch to the wall...if its over 9 feet I'd probably get something bigger.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Developer

I got one of these monitors.

http://m.tigerdirect.com/products/9113705

It has built in speakers and 3.5 mm jack. I should hook up my roku or rpi to hdmi to see if audio works there too.

Makes for an ok monitor. Got for $139.

H
Old 08-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monitors never have a cable-in port. That implies a tuner, which is what turns a monitor into a television!

Lots of easy ways around that though, easiest being HDMI direct from a cable box. A little more complex would be an external USB based tuner for your PC that you could probably get in the $50-100 range.

Monitors pretty much stop at 27", after that they are almost all TVs. As for the distance, depends on how far it is from your couch to the wall...if its over 9 feet I'd probably get something bigger.
ahh ok, but if I have a cable box that has an HDMI out, then i'm good to go on that

what is going to be my main difference between, for example:

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2750HM-...ywords=benq+27

and

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-XL2720Z-2...ywords=benq+27

in terms of performance and what my eye can actually recognize?
Old 08-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 11.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what tv you want? PM me amazon link and your address and it will be there in 2 days.
cool thanks gyno
Old 08-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 11.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
noah threads are the fucking WORST
Old 08-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

sektors you stop being a beta bandwagon boy this very instant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone loves Samsung in this thread.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Closed Thread