Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Aviak

I remember the books-TP system was implemented just as I reached the capability to port people as a WIZ. It ruined my char.

The only things that were cool were the bazaar (really nice for a casual player) and the 2 shared bank slots.

Enchanter, The Northern Wind
Old 05-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

I really like the idea of adding some reworked PoP planes as more classic-style raid zones. They could add wizard port spells or Fear-style portal from the old world. The zones could use the same zone files but contain custom mobs/loot designed with post-Velious difficulty and rewards in mind. That way guilds who have farmed Velious raids to death will have something new to do, without needing to add any of Luclin or some of the more annoying aspects of PoP (PoK, endless flagging, etc.).
Last edited by Dentalplan; 05-10-2011 at 08:35 AM..
Old 05-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Many might agree that GoD was a great... okay... so no one would agree to that.
GoD had challenging raid content. My favorite moments on live were those when we took down an encounter which had taken us a ridiculous number of attempts. Clearing Tacvi came with a great feeling of accomplishment knowing how hard a group of 54 folks worked night after night to see it done.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

I liked both Luclin and PoP.

If Luclin came out, it should be as is. The continental porting wasn't bad, perhaps instead of every 15 minutes make it every 30 minutes or so? The idea is try to make people think twice about leaving an area, so they are almost forced to work with those zones until its impossible anymore.

If PoP came out, I'd only like it if all of the PoK books were removed. The easy porting really precipitated the decline of the game. It was the true beginning of easy-mode.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Aviak

Default Hell Naw, son!

WOrst idea brought to this forum yet. I think the idea was what classic through velious? If we start adding garbage when do we call it quits?

Anything beyond Velious is hard gay and should be left out. Amirite?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemrius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WOrst idea brought to this forum yet. I think the idea was what classic through velious? If we start adding garbage when do we call it quits?

I honestly don't know what the devs have planned in the future. The general feeling is that they'll release Velious eventually. And from there is anyone's guess. They could keep going or they could call it quits and just lock it at Velious. Or they could do complete custom stuff.

Honestly, it would be difficult for me to care any less about the issue. Although my preference would be a hard stop at Velious, I can't say that I would be against anything until I saw a plan for it. And since there are no plans that I know of.....*shrugs*

Also, this server is the dev's project and their sandbox. I am just along for the ride. Whenever the ride stops being fun, I'll get off and look for something else to occupy my time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemrius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

U MAD?

I liked PoP Planes were fun, flagging sucked, but then again I never made it high enough to raid, and I was a casual player...
Old 05-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

I'd personally like it to stop at Velious. But then again I barely have time to play. So my vote doesn't count as much as people who play many hours a week.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned

Velious was exellent.

Luclin raid content was excellent.

PoP sucks balls in every way and so did everything until GoD. And even then RSS sucks balls, MPG trials were great fun but everything else in GoD was balls. CoA was an unreal raiding zone with a gay key system.

Pretty much it all sucked after velious in the grand scheme...
Old 05-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious was exellent.

Luclin raid content was excellent.

PoP sucks balls in every way and so did everything until GoD. And even then RSS sucks balls, MPG trials were great fun but everything else in GoD was balls. CoA was an unreal raiding zone with a gay key system.

Pretty much it all sucked after velious in the grand scheme...
RSS and MPG were in OoW, not GoD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I loved Omens - great expansion.