Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You all understand that every time you make a thread like this the odds of it actually happening is going down big tajmz?
no
Old 12-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Someone respond to lovely so he can go to a different thread and not repost after two messages.

Oh wait.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Kobold

isn't she lovely?
Old 12-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Banned

From another post: *The lack of hacking and boxing on this server is commendable. That's the good part.*

Focus on this, less on the people who poop socked 50, because that's what EQ is for the most part. It probably isn't important in the long run. Even live games have bugs, and ones that are many times more breaking than the ones being used. The ones used here were at one point agreed by some to be classic. When shit blew up, certain people voiced concerns to have those changes reverted or made a more vocal call to have them addressed. Now, whether their intentions were to squash their competitions' ability to take advantage of them in the future after they had already benefitted is another matter. The truth is we're not even at Kunark, these things will be removed before then and the box will go on.

As far as the forums, some people just need to be restricted to RNF and much is solved. There's some less than major issues getting blown up. Don't get trolled.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im having a fucking blast at level 7 - fuck racing to 50 im here for the ride
I escpecially loved the Lul wall in CB.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Kobold

Yes to exp bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regardless of guard assist being in or not, I can't believe I have to once again say this, I think I've said it enough:

There will never be a fucking character wipe or server reset. STOP asking about it, STOP trolling about it, We DON'T do them. This is NOT VZ/TZ or any other server you may have been used to that happening.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Default --

- "The truth is we're not even at Kunark, these things will be removed before then and the box will go on."

That, in a way, is the whole reason I posted this topic. What kind of population do we need to support the release of Kunark and maintain an actual PvP game? More importantly, what kind of a population would make this server as much fun as the Zek servers used to be?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that every pay for MMO out right now is a total piece of shit, and I'm sure there are others of the same mindset who just aren't sure about playing an emulator yet. This isn't about the players who raced for 50, they are there and I could care less, but the combination of the sword bug and the out-of-zone group "feature" have a profound impact on perceived legitimacy of the server. Think about it this way...

EQ is distinct in that it is such a pain in the ass game for a few players, and a really great game for a community of players. Running across a continent for a group, trying to find a bind, that alone could eat up an hour or more of playtime. Hell, the boats are a 45 min round trip. On the other hand, with a guild or a group of friends, you grab a few buffs and port off to faraway lands to fight for PvP glory in a matter of minutes...

And that is why these two bugs are such an issue. A bug which doubled or tripled pet dps with the out-of-zone group "feature" allowed players clear through mobs in seconds using a single spell instead of half a mana bar or more. A lot of people have leveled at 3 or 5 or more times the normal rate. Without this, population likely would have been somewhat evenly distributed across the levels and incoming players would have been able to group in or guild-up in populated zones. Instead, everything under 25 is empty aside from a few re-rolls and twinks. At worst you have twinks with OOR healers rolling strays because they are afraid that PvP will slow down the leveling of their main.

I'm still having fun. I would rather not see the predictions come true that the server will end up a handful of lifers clinging to their perceived e-fame in an empty world while the rest of us kill time on Call of Duty. I think the xp bonus might give some new people the opportunity to get to the point where the game starts getting fun.

PS: Since it was mentioned, I want to commend and thank the staff on making this game more hack and cheat free than any live EQ server I can remember. I didn't even know it was possible after the shitshow Sullon and Discord turned into.
Last edited by compulsion; 12-16-2011 at 01:03 AM..
Old 12-16-2011, 01:06 AM
Banned

Holiday bonus would be perfect. We all go spam a few forums. Motivate our lazy RL friends to give it a go, and get some people hooked in. Boost up the working man to compete with 1% Lovely and her wall street corrupt lvls and ill begotten loots.

Please Saint Rog, Lady Angel Nilbog.

Give this server a christmas miracle.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:10 AM
Banned

k
Closed Thread