Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Kobold

Default If you knew our family.. please speak up, Nothing left..

on June 13th Amelinda wrote;

"Me too! *polishes her shiny ban hammer*"

In response to a thread on two box banning. I think maybe the enthusiasm made this person jump the gun? I don't know, all I know is a mistake was made and now here we are months later and no luck. It is literally impossible that it happened, there is no way (unless Amelinda thinks my 7 year old was boxing)

A few days after this energetic call to arms, lol our familys two main accounts were banned almost instantly with no chance to explain (that our 7 year old was on).

Ill explain quickly what happened, then I would like to ask the people of the server out there to please speak up if you have met/spoke/played with me and my family, as it seems I am being accused of twoboxing.... well was and bam gone.., when we have always tried to make the server a better place. I always tried on live as well if anyone is from Emarr and Remembers the Ogre War Froog, or the Woodelf Drood Claydar, (Retired Magister) and of course my rl freind alderac who plays(ed?) eldar now here Here is something we always used to say on this server. this may jog a few memories.. our motto was always..

"no.. you don't have to pay it back.. just pay it forward to someone in the future when you can afford to"

We helped a lot of people get quests done.. everything from helping kill randomn mobs to me and my GF staying for hours to help people get their peggy cloaks

Anyway. I was in my room on our familys trader (Rashene or Raylene one of the two)) transfering items bought to my GF's chars and one of C's(my son's). I would organize items into bags.. get it all set up.. then yell down the hall to C to "Hit Trade" and he would.. then he would go run off and do whatever, being 7 years old, lol.

This was the main reasoning according to Amelinda of why we were banned. "we never moved".

Anyone who has done any kind of character xfers knows how tedious it can be.. its not like Im going to run in circles, sigh.

So.. the second and the only other reason we were banned was of what happened next.

Amelinda summoned us to outside the tunnel... C must have noticed and got back on the comp and did exactly what I have always told him to do when in trouble.. run for the nearest zone, lol.. which is exactly what he did, not knowing why one of his chars was now far away and a shiny mob was in front of him.

I started to yell down the hall ""wait C she wants us to walk in seperate ways"".. i started to type what what was going on to Amelinda in game.. but to my astonishment.. i was never given the chance.. bam.. both accounts banned withing seconds of being summoned and told go in seperate ways.... I mean technecially he did go a seperate way lol.

We do not box... I physically CAN NOT BOX! lol I was injured a few years back and am on permanent disability and have limited use of my left hand arm and shoulder and I play eq using the mouse to do everything from look to attack. (You should see all the hotkeys I had, lol)..which is why the game meant so much to me too.. not many games out there you can play using the one hand. I highly doubt I could 2 box very well with one hand.

So, to prove its ot just me and my many personalities, or prove that I always tried to make the server a better place, please take a few seconds to say something if you knew us as Id really like the chance to come back, and my son is still upset, no matter how many times i tell him its not his fault or its only a game, because he blames himself for the bans.

Heck Rogean.. this is the guy that bugged you all the time about Boston when they were in the playoffs with the great Cannucks! lol, and after a few times of banishing to the catacombs, lol I know my GF logged in and nagged you about you putting one of her chars in there while I was on it, heh so I mean even you know that I don't box, sigh.

Well anyway here are my main Chars;

Veiled 47ish Human Monk
Trake 37 Erudite Necro
Travane 24ish Cleric
Zarrick 20ish Shaman
Claydar - 17ish Ranger
Froog 21 Fatty SK
Rallik 15ish Bard
Had a pally I never played much named Trake

I played a lot in MM and in Oasis lol and I played a lot with my GF on her drood Phury whom I gave to her at 24, lol basically to be a port slave, but dont tell her that lol.

My Gf's Chars.

Her most memorable lol IMO was Sphagetthi a female ogre SK that she only levelled to 10ish (stopped in NRO lol she hated the penalty)
Phury 49ish Woodelf Drood (We both used this char a lot to do character maintenance, but she used it the most)
Haize 25ish High Elf Mage
Shareen(a?) a wiz i think among a few other younger chars.
I think she had a wizard erudite named raylene a few other younger ones too

My 7 year olds characters;
Awesum a 10ish Dorf Cleric
Bluenose a 12ish high elf Mage
he also had a 10ish dorf war and pally, he basically just kept to Crushbone and orc hill, wandering a few times with me or his mom to NRO on his mage.

So many people were shocked to learn he was 7..as he was apretty decent player, or at least had a moment of realization if I was there or his mom helping him, we would send a quiet tell if someone was yelling at him to answer lol wed explain. The poor guy heh, he tried and tried but he just could never get the whole hit r then ent er then type.

Anyway.. We just want to come back, me the most as it meant a lot to me and I miss the game and all the friends ive made. I even miss you Arshis =) Grin

I don tknow if anythign will come of this post or if it will just be ignored.. its just my last desperate attempt to have this Amelinda see reason.

I mean I know we are guests on the server.. and we have always thanked any guide me and my gf saw for the chance to play on it..

its just we have always tried to make the server a better one, and tried to help keep the community friendly, We are not a negative influence on the server at all but we beielve a positive one and we would all like a chance to play again.

Please... it would be little for you to let us back.. and it would be a lot to us and it would mean the world to me.
Last edited by Froog; 10-12-2011 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: Used son's full name by accident,edited out
Old 10-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Kobold

I must admit.. I hear a lot of these stories about two boxing, but for some odd reason I actually believe this person. Doubt that will change anything, but sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. A seven year old most likely wouldn't exactly grasp the idea of GM's, two boxing, and Amelinda's attempts to validate the two separate players.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:57 AM
Kobold

it'd be in your best interest to take this to the petition board or send a private message.

you're just going to get trolled and flamed by irrational nerds on here.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it'd be in your best interest to take this to the petition board or send a private message.

you're just going to get trolled and flamed by irrational nerds on here.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Sarnak

Indeed, this should be in the Petition forum.

Keep in mind that you probably appeared to be two-boxing from an observer's point of view. GMs aren't omniscient. If you petition and your story checks out, who knows? Maybe they will unban your family's accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Aviak

What was the name of your son's dorf warrior? That sounds familiar
Old 10-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Too many lols, too much detail, too much sobsob and rationality. Ektar judges.. fake! Thank you all for listening
Old 10-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Kobold

Y'all be posting in a troll thread.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Fire Giant

Recognise
Old 10-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Banned

cute. SUPERCUTE!
Closed Thread