Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before any expansions were released, enchanters were soloing the ghoul lord and fire giants area with charmed pets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziah
-1 Internets
Before any expansions were released, enchanters were soloing the ghoul lord and fire giants area with charmed pets.
Quote:
Jul 2002
Release date - Planes of Power - 2002
Outdated info is outdated.

Let me try putting it this way. Quoting someone in 2002 whom is remembering something that happened in 2001 is no different than quoting someone yesterday whom remembered something in 2001.

The goal is to quote someone in 2001 saying something about 2001. (Present tense)

That exact post from FOH has been thrown around these threads like candy and all pro-charmers rally behind it like a gospel, when in fact, its credibility is near zero; just like his post count. It has no sources(ss/data/logs) only 1 post saying "Hey this is how I remember it."
Deja vu~
Old 04-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Orc

Lets assume charm is horribly left of center.

Argument:
Charm is broke.

Reason:
Cannot charm mob a->n for desired length of time.

Proof:
Post x says we can charm solo FGs for desired length of time, sometimes.

When posting quotes about being able to solo FGs, it might make sense to actually go and try to solo FGs before claiming charm is broke.
Where are these log attempts?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Kobold

I was going to make fun of all you whiners who complain about charm not being as effective now. But I'm not going to do that.

We definitely need charm fixed so enchanters can solo all non-raid content because that's exactly what this game needs. More solo classes to be exploited so this can become more and more non-classic in terms of game-play.

Posts that focus on why Enchanters should remain stupid OP while classes like Rangers, acknowledged underdogs in classic, get minimal support and make me question whether or not any of you are concerned about the bigger picture of the server.

You guys only seem to do research and defend to the death only the things that will benefit you. I hate you for trying.

Whoops, looked like I started in on the whiners, sorry guys.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

Oh, noes! Enchanters are going to have to group like the rest (most) of us!

OH THE HORROR!!!

On the Kunark Beta Test server I was boxing a 53 cleric with my 55 enchanter and clearing all of disco 1.

Tell me this isn't rediculous.

The devs have it right the way it is now.

My only suggestion is to have it work better at lower levels (mid 30's).

I used to solo specs in Oasis at 34 on live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think the Fires of Heaven post is that great because its kind of vague 'oh we could do this' when in reality he probably died 10 times for every time he killed a giant or two.

But if you read Xornns enchanter guide and do a little math its just obvious that at 55, in Kunark and Velious, he could get 4-5 minute charms on L50 mobs pretty frequently even without malo. The posts on castersrealm just back that up. I really don't see how anyone can read this thread and claim that our current charm durations are classic.
Highlighted the important bit. That's about where we were at pre-nerf. At 54/55 in Chardok, just after server released Kunark, we were getting 5-7 minute durations on the lvl 50/51 sarnak. Occasionally it would last a bit longer, occasionally it would break sooner. Imo that's about par for mobs 2-3 levels lower than you. At the point we're at now, we're lucky to get that on mobs 15 levels lower and light blue/green.

And I'll be honest, I doubt the guy we're using posts from was running max cha, tash/malo, and seriously doubt he used -MR items.

All things aside though I'm glad they finally fixed the quad attacks that all pets gained, charmed or otherwise. That was a huge issue imo.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Orc

this is supposed to be an MMO why is soloing so important to so many people?
Old 04-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassracerx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is supposed to be an MMO why is soloing so important to so many people?
My guess is one of these things:

-Sitting LFG can get old quick
-Some people can get more exp this
-Typically more PP
-The WoW generation

Or all of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Sarnak

All Enchanters that feel cheated, please play a solo warrior. K, thx.
This is a social game, become social.
Sslaythe (30 Iksar shaman) Leader of the Harbingers of Thule
Old 05-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukaking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All Enchanters that feel cheated, please play a solo warrior. K, thx.
This is a social game, become social.
By 'social' you mean 'sit at the zone line and chat with 9 other LFG'ers who can't get a group because theres 84* players in Sebilis and 72* in Karnors?'

*not an exaggeration
Old 05-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quellren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By 'social' you mean 'sit at the zone line and chat with 9 other LFG'ers who can't get a group because theres 84* players in Sebilis and 72* in Karnors?'

*not an exaggeration
By those numbers it sounds like 75 other people in Sebilis and 63 others in Karnors were successfully being social [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Only 9 lfg with those numbers seems pretty decent, just sayin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread