Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Sarnak

i took the folder off of a portable hard drive, but did change permissions as well as put on the option to view hidden files/folders and it still doesn't show up. So i don't know what the problem is... it is suppose to be within the main folder with all the zone files and such right?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Orc

If you are on Windows 7, try running EQ in compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 2 or 3. Fullscreen didn't work for me until I did that.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Sarnak

that seems to be the main fix, but then my button layout and UI layout gets jacked up for some reason and i am feeling too lazy to change it.... so this kind of sucks haha
Old 03-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureLo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well it looks as if the first fix won't be a fix considering i don't see an eqclient.ini file within my folder. I don't really want to add a third party program, but it may be my only option unless there is another solution somebody knows.
My installer is not a 3rd party program, i doesnt add anything, it edits current files that are already there to the settings that you choose. Basically makes the manual job of what you are trying to with the ini, and automatic job [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It does the exact same thing that you are trying to do. Except you dont have to do anything it does it for you.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:13 AM
Sarnak

well what ultimately sucks is it looks like i had to rearrange my button layout and UI while also losing my friend's list... pretty much a terrible outcome, oh well i guess haha. I don't know how it happened like that since in the past it worked out fine just transferring everything over the same folder from my portable hard drive it remained the same.