Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

The top 10 guilds on the server were anti-pk guilds. Every raiding on the server was anti-pk, as well as every alliance.

Those alliances were at war with each other, but none of them random PK'd. Just because you're ignorant of reality, doesn't make it not so. I'd love to take my time machine back and take some screenshots, but alas, it needs a new alternator.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The top 10 guilds on the server were anti-pk guilds. Every raiding on the server was anti-pk, as well as every alliance.

Those alliances were at war with each other, but none of them random PK'd. Just because you're ignorant of reality, doesn't make it not so. I'd love to take my time machine back and take some screenshots, but alas, it needs a new alternator.
Lol i was anti-pk, there was so many pk guilds that it didnt matter which side you chose, it was a target rich environement.

Flowers, malicious intent, scary pirates, artful death, all those other guilds i dont remember, there was tons of people to pvp with each hour of the day, didnt need to random PK.

You got attacked so often starting out that you could fill up a shitlist page in a day.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 08-03-2012 at 09:45 PM..
Old 08-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe if you leveled past your 30s or 40s, you'd know that there was way more pve than pvp at upper levels, in high lvl dungeons and zones. Unless you were looking for guildwar targets, you were just playing EQ like anyone else would, on any other server. Thats the point. Thats classic EQ. You have the option of doing either, but it was not nonstop pvp unless you were sitting in a newbie area on a newbie char.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe if you leveled past your 30s or 40s, you'd know that there was way more pve than pvp at upper levels, in high lvl dungeons and zones. Unless you were looking for guildwar targets, you were just playing EQ like anyone else would, on any other server. Thats the point. Thats classic EQ. You have the option of doing either, but it was not nonstop pvp unless you were sitting in a newbie area on a newbie char.
It also depends what period you played, and if you raced to the top. Library, Parts of velious with heavy transits (that zone near that indoor town), that place in velious with the cook gargoyle, all those were pvp heavy areas through my 30s during 2001
Old 08-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
The top 10 guilds on the server were anti-pk guilds.
Top 10 guilds in terms of what? PvE progression?

I know the botb winners were, I definitely wouldn't consider them anti-pk but they didn't random.

Also, there was definitely a rather sizable random pk population.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

There was like what, 1 or 2 guilds that had high level pks? They were permabanned from doing any dungeons, I hardly ever saw them.

If you're not pk, your anti-pk. Doesn't mean anti-pvp, but they didn't roll around killing just anyone.

Prior to Luclin, i can think of like DB.. who else?
Last edited by Dullah; 08-04-2012 at 01:07 AM..
Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Banned

classic eq pvp wasnt about getting rooted or snared or hit by anything magic base. there were whole other aspects that required entirely different skillset that is nonexistant here. not classic
Last edited by bamzal; 08-04-2012 at 01:34 AM..
Old 08-04-2012, 03:53 AM
Banned

If youre really being honest about EQ pvp being about endgame fighting over content, then youd want people to actually go out and challenge Nihi on raids.

Id go and fuckin 5v30 all nite against Nihi but regrinding all that xp afterwards id rather poke my eyes out with rusted forks.

Thats the biggest prob to me with xp loss, somebodys always gonna be the zerg, and nobody is going to bother trying to stop em when you have to spend hours grinding back the xp youll lose fighting an uphill battle because its boring as fuck.

Holocaust didnt wanna admit that, because they were having their fun griefing noobs and afk people with the xp loss mechanic, so it served them as well.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 08-04-2012 at 03:55 AM..
Old 08-04-2012, 05:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want a RZ rule set (classic 99) PvP server. Let me know when that comes around.
This. Classic rule set. That's what this place touts-- classic. Where's the risk? Couldn't kill the server any more than it's already dead dead dead.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Sarnak

I like the added challenge that pvp adds to playing a pve game. If i try to kill another player its to gain advantage in the game by gaining position, camp, or a mob.

Unfortunately there are far too many folks on most pvp servers, including this one at one time, that kill other players solely to cause grief to the human sitting at the keyboard.

So it's either pixel vs pixel OR human vs human. If there is too much of the latter I leave because it's simply not fun. That's the way I see it.
Closed Thread