Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Banned

box and get banned
Old 09-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VPNs do not work with the login server using the same computer.

Even using virtual machines have its limits with MAC cloning/spoofing.

In addition they do have log "sentries" that detect when someone logs on with two characters from the same connection.

Ultimately anyone that does two-box ends up getting caught.
Lite/brainz/chuck/tunak/badger have been boxing for over a year and a half. I'm sure there's plenty of others as well who box constantly, I'm just not privy to it. When amelinda was around it seemed like boxers such as the Ruthbader crew and Lewis and others got the ban hammer pretty fast. Now it seems no one does.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Pro's of boxing

- Stranded without ports to get to groups

- groups not having the necessary support classes ench/clerics

- lack of people willing to play the boring PVP classes

- I have seen at least 10 people box right infront of me, quoting no one does anything about it anyway

- Smaller crews can do content

Cons of boxing

- Top guild could pad serious numbers

- Everyone is max buffed for pvp

- People would feel forced to box possibly

- Would take group spots away from team members, hurting the community design we're trying to implement

I would say put it in Red99 as a trial and see if it brings people in, my theory is red99 is beyond fucked and no one has fun playing there regardless of being able to solo PVE content.

Red99 has no community anyway, so at the very least it would allow new players to level up characters on red99? I don't know, nothing can really save that shit hole at this point. On teams I am on the fence about boxing, but I do know insta plugging with IP exemptions, as well as people boxing while someone else is home incase Zade or Sirken show up, they can just say the guy is in the bathroom and call him over for the test.

IP Exemptions are a really sticky issue considering the advantages that people get from boxing, I am computer illiterate I am not a super nerd, therefore I don't even try the VPN/IP block shit - but I see a lot of people boxing and it creates an unfair advantage, while some melees cannot find groups and just give up.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

I mean in theory I could get an IP exemption (my wife is a stay at home mom) so when I'm boxing I could just say hey come over here and run around space bar is jump do what he wants etc and there's no way they can prove it isn't a legit player.

I hate the entire situation - and after seeing rally/tune exploit the fuck out of insta camps, all of it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

It's a good feature that the real hardcore losers can exploit, ohwell.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Even if you don't put in boxing for team99 consider it for red99. I played on loz and at no time did I feel obligated to box to have fun even if others were. I just used a Druid bot occasionally for ports and would log it off after.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if you don't put in boxing for team99 consider it for red99. I played on loz and at no time did I feel obligated to box to have fun even if others were. I just used a Druid bot occasionally for ports and would log it off after.
We of course know people 2box all the time. However making it acceptable would change the dynamic of the server for the worse. People would not stop at 2 boxing, they would 6 box in some cases. Raids would turn terrible as everyone would bring their 2box druid/shaman etc.

I was the original two boxer in EQ. No one did it before me, but I cannot support it anymore as it cheapens the game and makes it a lot less fun.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Elderan is OG everquest, hard as fuck.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

It made me laugh IRL, and not with him.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It made me laugh IRL, and not with him.
My experience gives me a unique perspective on the situation.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

I am not saying ur not credible, just it sounded like a black rapper or something.
Closed Thread