Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny thing on that page:

[Thu Jun 06 14:09:42 2002] Nilbog has been slain by Priest of Discord!
LOL oh no not Nilbog.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always wondered how that worked, from a coding standpoint. Why did NPCs assist in attacking? So weird. Priest of Discord was fantastic for this.
Guards were faction based, and if you had the same faction level they'd attack whoever started the fight. If you put thorns on someone and pet attacked them, for some reason the thorns would register agro and the pet attacking would not. So to the guards, it appeared that the innocent player was initiating combat with the druid with charm pet.

I agree it was very odd, you'd think if they decided to make pets not generate PVP agro on the owner, at the very least attacking that pet wouldn't generate agro either. But it was one of those fun little things, the thicket was a bloodbath.

It was also fun when disarm made your weapon fall on the ground if it was droppable (which almost all were when it still did that). Silverious the wood elf rogue got us a lot of nice weapons off her victims back in the day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Banned

I would rather they had the amended Guard Faction rules in place. these allowed for player's to control certain zone area's based on Factions.

The Guards would only attack the player with the lowest faction, if both player's had maxed faction they ignored them both.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Banned

Ya I forgot about that

So much to tune up, jeebis
Old 09-17-2014, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guards were faction based, and if you had the same faction level they'd attack whoever started the fight. If you put thorns on someone and pet attacked them, for some reason the thorns would register agro and the pet attacking would not. So to the guards, it appeared that the innocent player was initiating combat with the druid with charm pet.

I agree it was very odd, you'd think if they decided to make pets not generate PVP agro on the owner, at the very least attacking that pet wouldn't generate agro either. But it was one of those fun little things, the thicket was a bloodbath.

It was also fun when disarm made your weapon fall on the ground if it was droppable (which almost all were when it still did that). Silverious the wood elf rogue got us a lot of nice weapons off her victims back in the day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it was a very peculiar bug, I recall people doing a similar thing by charming a bat and then attacking the guards with it. The Priest of Discord would then proceed to murder the guards, spamming You Fool while other guards respawned and jumped in.

And yeah disarm was hilarious early on. There was a bug that allowed monks to disarm while feigned, too. Soooo awesome.

The funniest part of that Fansy link is how the GM shows up and is perplexed by the bug. How could he not have known about it on a PvP server like Sullon?
Closed Thread