Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Aviak

Default No Mage Tracking ?

Simple question --

Who is actually FOR allowing Mage CoTH Tracking... and why?

I've spoken to quite a few guilds, and even TMO / IB seem like they hate Mage CoTH Tracking (They don't even allow it in Class C).

Sev: Bard can be IN ZONE @ TT zoneline or out of zone in FoB ?
Fay: Bard can be on Ogre Island, feet on dry land ?
Talendor: Bard can be at the tunnel exit by the OT zoneline ?
Gore: Not really an issue ?
Trak: Mage Tracking allowed for obvious reasons ?

It seems to me the only reason we are doing this is because "the other guy" is doing it. So as long as 1 guild is FOR allowing Mage CoTH Tracking .. we all have to do it.

So -- why are we still doing this? Who likes it?

~Phiren
Azure Guard
Old 09-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Aviak

Since no one wants to discuss the issue publicly (have received a lot of PMs and in-game talk), I'll just continue to discuss with myself.

"Policing" seems to be the only concern with No-Mage-Tracking and leaving it up to a bard race. It's impossible to police 50 people when the mob spawns to see if Player_A was halfway thru EJ when Sev popped.

I've thought about it, discussed with a bunch of people, and can't come up with any solution out-of-the-box. It's impossible to do so without GM assistance and coding changes.

Spoken with a few people and they like this concept if the developers/GMs have some time. My solution, insert some new code after a mob spawn that gets:
1) Player name
2) Player guild
3) Location of player
in zone at the time of spawn (People not in zone are fine, unless they are camped, which is already illegal)

Export this data to a .csv and make it public. Let the players, not the GMs, do the research.

Any guild outside the allowed boundaries receives a 1 month ban. Even .1 pixel outside the boundary.

Boundaries for each zone/mob can be established later by players if this idea gains any momentum.

~Phiren
Old 09-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Mages tracking is not the problem

its asking the mages to duck cast for 16 hours is a problem.....

your own posts expose why having a 'Bard race' also poses problems...I get TMO/IB want to raid everything just like they do in VP but those races with 15-20 taggers rushing to a statically spawned dragon is also pretty dumb.

one good thing that mage tracking does is it practically polices itself and most anyone can do it/even playing field

the only really dumb part that I think most guilds can agree not to do is duck cast

but to each his own...
Old 09-12-2014, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

+1 for mage tracking being a terrible thing, it really sucks to place the burden of tracking on only one class. Asgard's mages didn't sign on to get abused every weekend.