Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
....... Faction crap. Pass. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eq is awesome.... faction game sucks.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Factioning in Velious blows. Will give me reason to play my main... But with the number of people at 60 with max exp, being in-group is pretty useless unless there's a bard or for group buffs. Beyond that, I expect to be out of group a lot to let lower levels get exp.

I can't wait for the complaining posts from rival guilds when there are people tagging their raid mobs for faction hits.

But adding all that raid content will be nice to keep people busy, especially since they aren't 1 minute fights against 32k HP mobs. Especially those that force trash clears. I'm sure people will try to Bladestopper and counter-train shit around though... Oh the petitions it will create.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

dwarf faction will be easy rest ehhh.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed for the most part, but I hope it does come for those that enjoy it.

Velks, ToFS, and Ring War-- only fun I ever had in Velious.
Oh don't get me wrong. There is some neat stuff in the expansion. I think it is more fun at like level 30 to 40 than 60 will be. Some really nice quests and gear in it. So it will not be boring, but it is a hard expansion to deal with gear wise and faction wise. Not many classes are going to solo a lot of mobs that's for sure.

Nobody is going to argue about it coming out trust me, including me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2014, 02:35 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If t0lkien tuned in to Sirken's Monday night stream on Twitch (also available on YouTube) he'd see where Velious progress was right now - Verrriousss the bear will show you the light.
i'm pretty sure the prophesy of the velious release was discussed earlier tonight, you can watch/listen to it at: http://youtu.be/NSszkzNr_64

and <3 u

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 09-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't wait for the complaining posts from rival guilds when there are people tagging their raid mobs for faction hits.
The zones will be so overcrowded that guilds will just team up for 24/7 Kael armor/faction grinds. Nobody will care if you snag a faction hit. What matter is the kill/loot.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Sarnak

Look at the velious beta list of things to be completed: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=157067

- Kael, Skyshrine and Thurgadin armor quests all need to be completed (only a couple of classes are done for each)
- Temple of Veeshan quests
- Baking and tailoring

Between the armor quests and ToV quests, there isn't much that is soloable. Most need a group or raid. Without serious dedication by multiple guilds on blue 99, I don't see this stuff getting done any time soon.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:32 PM
Banned

It is confusing to me why more people don't log into the beta server, especially when you can play on blue at the same time if you want to. Everyone wants velious but not many seem willing to help test, everyone just thinks somebody else will do it. I think they might need to actually turn off blue for a few weeks just to drive people onto the beta server.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is confusing to me why more people don't log into the beta server, especially when you can play on blue at the same time if you want to. Everyone wants velious but not many seem willing to help test, everyone just thinks somebody else will do it. I think they might need to actually turn off blue for a few weeks just to drive people onto the beta server.
The people who are going to benefit the most from SoV being released are these top tier guilds too. With the lack of soloable content left to do on the beta server, I think some kind of server-wide movement to finish the raid content needs to be done. I have no idea what would spur this movement though. Putting all raid mobs on FFA until the QA is done?
Old 09-17-2014, 02:30 AM
Orc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnDiB9liJMM

original velious trailer
Closed Thread