Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Worf is a cool character, but it would be cancelled soon after everyone found out "the adventures of worf" had no galaxy threatening combat in it.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

It's too bad you can't edit posts, anyways. I started watching dr who during the 4th doctors run, david tennant ( 10th doctor) did a fantastic job. I tried to re-watch the older doctors, 1, 2, 3 and I can't tell you how much pot I had to smoke to make it through them.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found that voyager was kind of an ugly ship (not a fan of the intrepids), replace janeway with a dude, (sp) chakotai with a female or a different male cast member, kill off neelix, keep tom paris and you've got a good show.
If a show has characters that annoy you, that means its most likely a good show. You have invested in it emotionally to the point that you are liking/disliking characters and replacing them in your head. They've got you at that point. Watched Dr. Who for the first two seasons of the new BBC version, couldn't have cared less who was in it or what happened after that point. I was done.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you think lexx is better than dr. who, you must be smoking the worst crack in the world and i strongly suggest you stop.
Lexx was definitely better than Dr who.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

anything post nxt gen isn't worth your time. dr. who is a joke of a show pandered to brit kids cause it's hip. you all know picard sealed the final deal with the nxt gen and dr. who was terrible from the start, but all the UK kids had nothin else. nxt gen forever. wharf series go go go go go go gog go gog go
Old 05-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a show has characters that annoy you, that means its most likely a good show. You have invested in it emotionally to the point that you are liking/disliking characters and replacing them in your head. They've got you at that point. Watched Dr. Who for the first two seasons of the new BBC version, couldn't have cared less who was in it or what happened after that point. I was done.
You're smoking too much crack. I liked the plot of voyager, there were some pretty good story lines. But most of the characters were terrible.

Of the new series of dr. who, it wasnt good until about the 2nd seasons with tennant, watch through to the last season with him and then you start to appreciate the first two seasons more.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeruIsLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're drunk.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except the most annoying thing is when characters don't entice me to "invest" emotionally, and that's usually why I'm replacing them in my head.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeruIsLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lexx is one of those things that's so horribly bad it's good.

And I'm not sure Lexx would even be that "good" if it weren't for Zev/Xev's assets.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
if you think lexx is better than dr. who, you must be smoking the worst crack in the world and i strongly suggest you stop.
Oh its definitely better and I don't even know what crack smells like. Anyone who considers Dr Who is quality SciFi needs to have their head examined or simply doesn't understand what science fiction is.

Claiming Dr Who is good is like claiming that BS glitter, emo-vampire crap on my-9 or the twilight movies are quality vampire fiction. Its complete and udder crap and does nothing but hurt the entire genre.