Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

I like how this server has a lot of things working right that just don't seem to work all that well here. Iksar regen seems to work better (better meaning well meaning I don't notice it much in P99 but notice it a lot on EQMac) and the pathing/mob behavior is 10 fold better.

EQMac won't be around forever though. I really hope that it is used as a tool to get a better-working classic emulated server because something like P99 can be sustained for a long time given a big enough community.

I forget how much I miss PoP raids and even a lot of Velious content (my fave expansion and my 2nd favorite for raids specifically behind PoP). I wish I had some skills to help here at P99. Would be awesome to have a truly classic experience with correct pathing and such. P99 is close but still a bit away. Try EQMac and you'll notice the difference in feel.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

I deserve a separate thread started in my honor thanking me for bringing this to all of your attention. I also am about to start playing here.

Lron The Server Legend
Old 08-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to execute eqw.exe. You also need to have all relevant files created in c:\eqmac. There are some files that are hard coded to look for that directory, at least one I found eqw.cfg.

Here is what I did.

1. completely disable virus check
2. fresh install of titanium
3. copy titanium files to c:\eqmac
4. copy the resources folder from the eqmac SOE site directly on top of c:\eqmac using copy/replace
5. unzip secrets patch directly into c:\eqmac
6. open eqconfig.ini change newui=TRUE. Default is set to false and causes problems
7. start up dxtory and limit video fps to 60
8. launch eqw.exe, right-click run as administrator
9. check the popup box to fixeqclient.ini - you might get an error the first time
10. connect, log in with a valid station account, select the first al'kabor server, profit

If you get to the server select and get disconnected on loading in check to make sure wsock.dll is still in your eqmac folder. Mine is constantly getting removed.
I get precisely the bolded error (I get to server select, where I interestingly see two AK servers) and wsock32.dll is in my c:\EQMac folder...And I'm actually running on XP, firewall was off, I strongly doubt antivirus had anything to do with it but I can turn that off...

I was also thinking since my graphics stuff is absolutely horrible, I could alter my eqclient.ini and minimize my graphics.

And now that i'm thinking about this at work, maybe I should try the "other" AK listed at server select. Duh.

Any other ideas in case that doesn't work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Skeleton

Anyone else having problems with graphical anomalies, particularly when meleeing in 1st person view? Whenever I swing, there's all this graphical garbage and I'm not even able to clearly see my weapon. I remember having an issue like that (with an older computer) back when I played on the SoD server, but I could never get it fixed. Is there a fix for it on the Mac server?

I've also been dealing with the terrible mouse speed problem, and I was wondering if there was a fix for this that didn't involve using a third party program? If not, which program would you guys suggest for limiting the fps?

Here are my specs, in case anyone's interested:

C2D E8600 3.33ghz processor (will be updating to an i5 3570K in a few days)
Nvidia GTX 560ti 448 core
8GB Corsair Dominator RAM
And the mobo is some low budget Asus, that I'll be upgrading in a few days as well.

I was thinking it might be a processor issue, and I was going to try the "affinity 1" fix, but I can't figure out how to do it. If any of you have any ideas on what's causing the graphical problem, I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

(Btw, I just came back to the game after about 4 months of not playing, and I'm still using the same EQmac folder with secrets patch that I was using originally. It still works fine, but I was wondering if there have been any important updates by Hobart, and if it's even possible to update the PC version at all, without messing it up?)
Old 08-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ignore this. Did the process over again and it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Orc

EDIT: Derp I got it working. I copied the Resource folder into C/EQMac/Resource instead of C/EQmac...
Last edited by brybear; 08-18-2012 at 11:39 PM..
Old 09-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hoping someone can help. I've followed the directions posted earlier about installing Titanium > EQlaunchpad(resource) > Secret's patch and get as far as the server screen. When I select the server it starts to load then I get "Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. Usually this is temporary."
At first I thought maybe the server was down or something, but Ive been trying for a few days and still nothing. Hoping someone can help me solve this issue.
Also, I've looked back through the earlier posts and tried several thing to resolve this issue and still nothing. Any help is appreciated!!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay I adjusted my video mode further and am now back to the crashing error as shown.

What else may be doing that? Firewall and antivirus are off for the moment, running eqw as admin and fix eqclient checked.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting the same error, have been trying to play EQMac for some time and I can never get past the loading screen. No firewalls or Anti Virus, I've got it at C:/EQMac, I've done every downloaded, checked the fix unchecked the fix edited my eqclient. I've tried everything and I can't get it to work, any help would be extremely appreciated.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karafa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting the same error, have been trying to play EQMac for some time and I can never get past the loading screen. No firewalls or Anti Virus, I've got it at C:/EQMac, I've done every downloaded, checked the fix unchecked the fix edited my eqclient. I've tried everything and I can't get it to work, any help would be extremely appreciated.
Fix it by setting your resolution to 640x480 before logging in.

Live-
Icelf Crystalfrost - 65 Iksar Beastlord (Saryrn)
Icelf Crystalfrost - 51 Human Ranger (Bertox)
Old 10-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman8810 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fix it by setting your resolution to 640x480 before logging in.
or open up your eqini file and manually set the resolution there to your desktop resolution. I think there are two ini files you need to fix. eqclient.ini and the one in the secrets patch.