Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Default Chardok - Iksar Betrayer

I see a lot of people camping this guy in his post-revamp location. Hasn't popped yet that I've seen. Based on my research (links below), he should spawn in the tunnel that you lev to, near the ledge, and then roam down that tunnel. In fact, there should be a few roamers up here (possibly no statics). According to one poster in the Allakhazam link:

Quote:
Get a levi and run down the zone out ramp and bank left to go into tunnel. When you hit the fork in the road yer done clearing.

Approx 2 or 3 mobs from edge to fork so just make sure those are clear all the time. Couldn't hurt to pull other mobs around the fork area, but unless yer lvl 60 you'll prolly get tons of adds if yer not careful.
This would indicate there are 2 or 3 mobs from the edge to the fork. From something else I was reading (lost link), these would all be roamers, or perhaps the 2-3 roamers would be in addition to the 2-3 statics, perhaps 6 mobs total, not sure. As it stands now, there are 13 statics between edge and fork, 0 roamers. The link I lost also said any of the roamers could be his ph, which indicates he is in fact a roamer. Since you have no roamers in this area, he could not possibly spawn unless you put him in the post revamp (or some other wrong) spot.

http://web.archive.org/web/200108162....shtml?id=5075

http://web.archive.org/web/200304182...how&BID=343969
Last edited by Orruar; 01-04-2012 at 09:48 PM..
Old 01-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, guess that other thread I was looking at was from right here on P99 forums...

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...light=betrayer
Old 01-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Kobold

if iksar betrayer spawn point wasn't changed from PEQ source, like so many other epic quest mobs, he's definitely going to be popping in the wrong place - the bridge leading to royals
Old 01-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Sarnak

What orruar is saying is correct, the betrayer at epic release spawned in tunnel leading down to bridge area. The roamers being ph's. There are no roamers on this server in that tunnel, only static mobs.
http://nemis.tripod.com/everquest/qu...stlingfist.htm
Old 01-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What orruar is saying is correct, the betrayer at epic release spawned in tunnel leading down to bridge area. The roamers being ph's. There are no roamers on this server in that tunnel, only static mobs.
http://nemis.tripod.com/everquest/qu...stlingfist.htm
Ah, nice find, this was another link I had lost.

"The Betrayer is found in the tunnel area, not far from the zone out. The tunnel is 15' above the ground, so levitate or some other means is required to access it. The tunnel contains at least 3 wanderers, any of which can be the Betrayer."
Old 01-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Banned

That's a nice find but I can't see the GM's confirming one way or another which exact mob we should be camping.

It's pretty epic to do 30 hour camps without being sure it's the correct mob eh?
Old 01-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Well, it seems most people (myself included) think they probably put him in the post-revamp position. Of course, how long do you clear PHs there before you start to think otherwise...

Either way, the number of spawns in the lev tunnel and their pathing (or lack thereof) is clearly not correct.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Banned

Yea the lack of roamers in the lev tunnel is what leads me to believe that the other spawn is what's being used.

How can they make the roamers the PH if they're not there =p
Old 01-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Kobold

Would a Dev please comment on whether this is going to be corrected in a future patch or not?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Project Manager

It spawns, rarely, in the lev tunnel indicated on dianamel's map.

I'll look into making 3 or more of those tunnel spawns pathers which can spawn the betrayer.

Until then, be looking in the tunnel near here

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread