Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Classes like bonedancer completed yet? Animists fixed yet? How about savages? (something about their claws being blocked too much, I forget).

Basically all the classes I wanted to play were broken, and on top of that was a lack of english being spoken and a lack of players during my prime time.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classes like bonedancer completed yet? Animists fixed yet? How about savages? (something about their claws being blocked too much, I forget).

Basically all the classes I wanted to play were broken, and on top of that was a lack of english being spoken and a lack of players during my prime time.
BDs are not complete, but that doesn't stop players from having fun with them. Animists fare well in RvR also, and Savages rock! I haven't really met any players who couldn't speak english yet either.

As for action during night hours (offpeak), here's a snapshot of my stats from playing at 1am-2am EST. This would normally be considered dead time, but it was VERY active, enemy groups from both realms and enough mids to put up a nice fight with. I made 20% of L40 from this 1 hour pvp session.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 02-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Wits a midgard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BDs are not complete, but that doesn't stop players from having fun with them. Animists fare well in RvR also, and Savages rock! I haven't really met any players who couldn't speak english yet either.

As for action during night hours (offpeak), here's a snapshot of my stats from playing at 1am-2am EST. This would normally be considered dead time, but it was VERY active, enemy groups from both realms and enough mids to put up a nice fight with. I made 20% of L40 from this 1 hour pvp session.

Maybe the population is different than when I last played (I think it was 2011, it's been ages). Back then most players were euro, many spoke another language and they all logged off come 9 PM EST. Hand to hand savages were bad in pvp because their blocking calculations were screwed up and made their attacks be blocked way too often. Animists weren't doing enough damage. And forget BDs. The one class I really wanted to play was the one class that was seriously incomplete. I can't believe it's still incomplete.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:09 PM
Aviak

I'm looking to get started on this server, used to play DAOC in the glory days. Which faction are you guys on? Are you in a guild I could join? No one knows me, just a random enthusiast.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Some early morning fun, even made some new friends (US players).

DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscar23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm looking to get started on this server, used to play DAOC in the glory days. Which faction are you guys on? Are you in a guild I could join? No one knows me, just a random enthusiast.
We're in Midgard, in our (very) old guild thats for the most part inactive. It's just me and another old member who are back in action, for the time being. Though we're making new friends as we go, so we'll see how it goes - we've only been back 2 weeks but we're doing good. You know once you get a taste of that teamwork PvP in this game, it can get as addicting as EQ's pve.

If you're interested in giving it a go, I'd suggest doing it with a friend or two, so you both level together. Although you can make friends as you level in random groups as well, I wouldn't advise you to solo unless it's totally unavoidable. We'd help you out with lower lvl gear to get started etc. We also have low lvl chars we can play with you sometimes, but we'll be mostly on our current main chars. (Level 41 Skald & Level 40 Savage)

What class were you thinking of trying anyway?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

DAOC Class Planner (compatible with Uthgard)
Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

This post is for those of you hesitating to play on this server; if you want to see a new side of the game then make a class you never played before.

When I first came to this server, I made a class I was very familiar with already (Berserker), got up to 30 then made a new char because it was just more of the same old.

Then I tried an AUG Healer, and I must say I enjoyed it alot. No one expects a healer class to be good at soloing & grouping both, so it was a nice surprise, and I took it all the way to higher levels. An Augmentation Healer gets things like self-damage add buff (like thanes), strong damage shield, haste, celerity (one of the most important things in a melee group too, its a temporary group buff,) resist buffs later on, and even a self-strength/con buff (also like thanes).

All that combined with the ability to heal makes for a really good class, just to give you an idea of what it can do at higher levels - I was able to solo lvl 50-55 named mobs when I was still 45. That was the first healer I ever made in my entire history of DAOC at the time.

That spider there is L54.

Soloing red-cons at L12 I think, that's atleast 4+ levels above you.
Last edited by Scrooge; 02-28-2013 at 12:13 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

One of our guild members is making a new toon, a Norseman Warrior (it's only level 5 atm), so if anyone is starting a new char - you should group up.
Closed Thread