Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 09:59 AM
VIP / Contributor

It really isn't hard to enforce or verify. When in doubt, report. None of us have time to go hunt this down. It depends on players alerting us.

I have lots of neat tricks of my own to test you without you ever realizing I did it. Most of the time, people aren't. I do my best to not interfere with people unless I need that extra confirmation. All of this takes ~5 minutes.

I've banned people who weren't. But as long as they present their explanation like a reasonable human being using the proper channels (read: not spamming, raging, or slamming the devs all over every forum), I listen to their story. That goes for pretty much everything.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 10-01-2010 at 10:06 AM..
Old 10-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if i see someone that is obviously autofollowing i don't report it because I just assume it is a husband/wife team and the wife is following around doing nothing because women are terrible at video games
My wife and I get asked in group a lot if Im boxing because she doesn't speak that much and does Auto follow a lot since she doesnt know the game world. Im not sure how much more we can do to prove it to some people. It does make me paranoid because this is really the only game we want to play.
Sslaythe (30 Iksar shaman) Leader of the Harbingers of Thule
Old 10-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukaking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...because she doesn't speak that much and does Auto follow a lot since she doesnt know the game world.
and never wants to learn it... come on?
even if she doesn't know the way, cant she use her own fingers to move her char?. pretty poor excuse in my view.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Kobold

I too have a wife that doesn't speak and doesn't move her own toon around, but I swear she's the one getting up to cast every now and then while I do everything else!

there have never been so many women playing an mmo then on this server, much less wives...

or brothers and sisters and dads and heck soon we will have someone that has an ip exemption for his dog
Old 10-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

Bullshit. Since when does a woman NOT want to talk? Most of the time you can't get them to shut up.

Boxer! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 10-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Banned

On my last live server, Stromm, I two-boxed a warrior (Virgil) and a cleric (Daire). In Paludal Caverns, I met this cool rogue, Hutto, and he and I leveled together all the way to 65.

Hutto tends to be a quiet guy in group, although he's plenty conversational in tells. I got accused of three boxing almost daily. I have no clue why people thought I'd say that I was playing two if I were playing three.

My point is that people like to make snap judgments about things based on flimsy evidence and then they will stubbornly cling to that erroneous opinion. To this day, I have little doubt that many people still think I was boxing Hutto.

After not seeing each other for seven years, Hutto and I met again on Project 1999. What's up Hutto!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On my last live server, Stromm, I two-boxed a warrior (Virgil) and a cleric (Daire). In Paludal Caverns, I met this cool rogue, Hutto, and he and I leveled together all the way to 65.

Hutto tends to be a quiet guy in group, although he's plenty conversational in tells. I got accused of three boxing almost daily. I have no clue why people thought I'd say that I was playing two if I were playing three.

My point is that people like to make snap judgments about things based on flimsy evidence and then they will stubbornly cling to that erroneous opinion. To this day, I have little doubt that many people still think I was boxing Hutto.

After not seeing each other for seven years, Hutto and I met again on Project 1999. What's up Hutto!
Three boxer! =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen Everywhere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I two-boxed... daily... I was playing two...people like to make...judgments about things based on....evidence... To this day, I...box... on Project 1999.
He admits it! Ban him! The jig is up Alawen!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Large Rat

So I found out that the person I was talking about was doing some sort of chain camping.

He would camp a mob, then he would go AFK and his friend would hold the camp for him until he decided to come back. Then before one would leave, another friend would come and hold the camp. What is the ruling on that?

Original Camper Goes afk. Camper Friend 1 holds camp. Camper friend 2 comes into the zone takes over, Camper friend 1 logs. Original Camper comes back for a second, goes AFK again.

Original Camper never left technically.

So that situation I am screwed right. AC in SRo camp.
Closed Thread