Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 07:20 AM
Kobold

Default Xp tweak, a little something to help new players find groups

One thing id do if i had the keys to the box is make solo leveling equivalent to at least duoing xp or 80%. Xp is incredibly slow compared to even having one guy in your group, and at 2 people you start to see a huge difference.

So that its such night and day from having even one person in your group, that its practically wasting your time to try and solo. So what you do is you log out (at least, im sure thats what alot of people do after sluggin it out for a little while). Then the next person logs in, sees no one in the newbie zone, logs out till next time.

If you put solo xp to duoing, or something like 80% the bonus value of duoing, what it would do i think is make people stick it out longer solo so the chances for you to find a group augment significantly.

Im not asking xp to be nerfed, it just feels silly to be able to make 3 hours work of soloing in 10mins of grouping with 3 people. The incremental step is too steep from 1 to 2.

I think this simple tweak would boost lowbie activity quite a bit.
Last edited by Heyitsme; 09-14-2014 at 04:22 PM..
Old 09-14-2014, 08:35 AM
Fire Giant

This sounds nice -- Keep the group exp same as it is now, but solo higher~ I'm on Taiwan time myself, so it's VERY difficult to find even a duo partner when 30 people is online in the world.

Groups would still be greatly encouraged since the xp bonus is still significantly higher.

Cheers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2014, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah let's cheapen the only reason to group because you log on and immediately expect to find a group. How about free jboots and a port ability for all classes?
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 09-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah let's cheapen the only reason to group because you log on and immediately expect to find a group. How about free jboots and a port ability for all classes?
Station cash too???

Fuckin sweet!!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 09-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would still be better xp to duo and find groups, it wouldnt make people want to group less
Old 09-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

The real issue with the group xp bonus vs solo is this. Some times you group with a consistent group and really rock things but say you miss a night or 2 of playing you come back and those people are out of range or close to it. Trying to make that up solo is pointless and there isn't a constant influx of people to balance this out. I am in favor of bumping up solo xp for this reason alone. The naysayers are just scared of the up and comers challenging their twinks.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

Just allow 2 boxing a second toon that can be max level 49... that way even at 60 you can logon and camp something, farm something, or even start a group if no one else is on... or keep a group alive if a healer has to log... also solves the exp issue..
Old 09-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Banned

if solo exp got better i would stop inviting warriors and rogues wielding rusty weaps to my level 20+ groups and just solo
Old 09-14-2014, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

not everyone is a d bag, most like to group
Last edited by georgie; 09-14-2014 at 07:41 PM..
Old 09-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just allow 2 boxing a second toon that can be max level 49... that way even at 60 you can logon and camp something, farm something, or even start a group if no one else is on... or keep a group alive if a healer has to log... also solves the exp issue..
yeah great OOR healing idea