Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default What would it take to get you to play on the P99 Beta server?

Now that the beta server's back up, I'm guessing things will be like they were before where the population averages at about 20-30 players during peak hours. Like everyone I want Kunark to be out soon and I want it to not be riddled with bugs and inaccuracies, but that's only possible if people play on the beta.

One thing I'd been doing to make things easier for lowbie Iksars is giving out large amounts of free plat on my Bard in FoB, so that they can afford spells/food/etc. Before the server went down I also did a fair bit of powerlevelling to make things funner/easier. I'm wondering if other people have any other suggestions to make the server more desirable to play. They can be suggestions for the devs too I guess but mainly I'm thinking of suggestions that can be implemented by players, like the ones I already mentioned.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 01-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Kobold

Exp boost so I would consider levelling my enchanter to go to Lake of Ill Omen, I want to make an Iksar Shaman when Kunark goes live but screw doing it twice.

Edwis - Enchanter
Nineteen - Monk
Kiral - Shaman
Gravesend - Necromancer
Old 01-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Orc

i defninately think i would play the beta server more if more people were on it on a regular basis. i joined p1999 after the beta had come out so i had no high lvl mains to use on the beta, leaving me to start an iksar character. dont get me wrong i love the iksar, but endless hours of solo grinding and dying just to get up 1 lvl is really aggrivating. and seeing how there is only ever like... one person, two tops in the same zone as me grouping is kinda out of the question.

i want to test the kunark beta, really, but half the time its just too boring for me by myself. the main thing that would get me on more is a number of people to play and test with.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Kobold

Yea I got on the beta to play iksar but its the same thing I don't want to level something up twice. I just don't have the time. And I'm quitting my druid when kunark comes out to level an iksar monk. So for now I jump on it here and there.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

We need a /betabuff command to change to any level, with all spells and appropriate gear. This would allow us to test any content that suits our fancy without the need to spend many hours grinding on lowbie content that has already been well tested.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need a /betabuff command to change to any level, with all spells and appropriate gear. This would allow us to test any content that suits our fancy without the need to spend many hours grinding on lowbie content that has already been well tested.
I agree with this. the need to lvl up for alot of kunark content seems to be a giant rock in the path of testing everything
Old 01-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Kobold

What about making certain zones hotzones(boost exp) for about a week? Boost the exp in the hotzones 2-3 times or more. This would congregate all the players in a few zones, making it easier to find groups.

One week you could have:

swamp of no hope(lvl 1-25)
Kurns tower(lvl 8-30)
Frontier Mountains(25-45)
Temple of Droga(lvl 35-45)

another week do

Field of Bone(1-20)
Lake of Ill Omen(1-30)
Kaesora(30-45)

another week do
Warsilik Woods(1-30)
Firiona Vie(22-45)
Dreadlands(30-50)

And just keep cycling them.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

How about, increasing XP only in low-level zones for Iksar characters, and keeping it normal at high-levels since the Devs want to test 51+ XP also!?
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 01-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

why not enable #setlevel command for the beta ? we want to test an ammount of stuff that is about the same size as classic everquest with 30 ppl peak hours that also need to lvl up their chars ?
using ur lvl 50 mainchar from live server to test stuff wont bring you much in some cases . you need to be level 20 to see if the mobs in loio hit for the right ammount of dmg . or in fm you have to be lvl 30 .

want lvl 30 ? use the command .
want lvl 40 ? use the command .
that easy .

just a thought
Old 01-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

if they would recopy the p99 chars and transfer them over, my rogue is 50 on p99 but 41 on beta, weak

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread